Changing aircraft cfg

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
tucanto

Changing aircraft cfg

Post by tucanto »

I wish to change the Elevator trim values in an aircraft cfg but it says I do not have permission of the administator
How do I change this? I can do this by copy and paste cfg out of P3D and then back in again but it is not as efficient.
Looking through the forum I can see I need to enter as Administrator, but I can not see anything telling me just how to do this?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Changing aircraft cfg

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Try opening your text editing program as administrator by right-clicking the application icon and selecting "Run as administrator". Then open the file from within the application.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Thanks for your advice when I right click the cfg file icon the only icons I have with the Admin shield showing for is delete and rename both of which I can do, If I open aircraft cfg and try to save my alterations, notice shows admin
no permission would you like to save in doc's folder instead ?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

You will have to right click on the actual text editor application's icon. Depending on the program you are using it should be somewhere in your program files directory.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Thanks for your reply , still no go and as I say I can copy and change cfg file outside P3D and then paste it back in, so It's no great problem so will carry on as it is.