[RESOLVED] Plane model not showing in game

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
Simmonsaustin

[RESOLVED] Plane model not showing in game

Post by Simmonsaustin »

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Prepar3d and I'm having some issues with intended plane models from FSX loading into Prepar3d. I've followed the instructions listed out on the Prepar3d link http://www.prepar3d.com/add-ons/ but the planes just don't appear once loaded. Everything else works besides the actual model of the plane appearing, it's as if its a ghost plane. This is the package I'm downloading http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... search.php [Grumman S2T CDF Tankers for FSX Port V1.1.zip]. I used FSX with the http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-fi ... -p3d.phtml [LORBY-SI - FIREFIGHTER X FSX P3D] addon to fight wild land fires and have amassed a collection of downloaded freeware planes to do so. I just want to know if maybe this package itself wont work with Prepar3d or if I'm doing something wrong. I've tried a couple other planes such as the Consolidated PB4Y as well and get the same results, everything else works besides the actual texture/model of the plane itself, it's a ghost plane. I did get this F7F to work [F7F-3 Tanker Prepar3Dv3.zip] but it's specifically built for prepar3d v3 and up. So maybe there's just a tweak in the coding for the other two I need to change. Other than that I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. Thank you for any help offered!
-Austin Simmons
Poppet

Re: Plane model not showing in game

Post by Poppet »

Hello Austin

What version of Prepar3D are you using ?
Simmonsaustin

Post by Simmonsaustin »

Hi Poppet,

I'm using the Prepar3d V4. The F7F version of Prepar3d v3 works for that and v4 so it must be similar coding, not sure if that's the issue. Figured I should mention I also just put the Aerounion P-3 from FSX onto Prepar3d https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... ScanMode=0
& it's working great besides a few graphical issues in the cockpit other than that it looks great.

-Thank you
-Austin Simmons
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Austin

Keep in mind that Prepar3D v4 is a 64 bit application whilst v3 and FSX is 32 bit

These v3 and FSX Aircraft contain code in the form of gauges and other .dll's which mostly will not work in a 64 bit environment

Some will but most wont
DC1973

Post by DC1973 »

Poppet wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:51 am Hello Austin

Keep in mind that Prepar3D v4 is a 64 bit application whilst v3 and FSX is 32 bit

These v3 and FSX Aircraft contain code in the form of gauges and other .dll's which mostly will not work in a 64 bit environment

Some will but most wont
The gauges won't work if they're DLLs, but they do if they're XML coded.

Austin, many aircraft models that were originally coded in FSX or even FS2004 will not display in P3D v4, only the lights will show up that are coded in the aircraft's .cfg file. The only way to remedy this is to await the developer to bring out an update, or if you're reasonably computer savvy and you ask the developer nicely, you can upgrade the model to P3D v4 standard using ModelConverterX. The program is well known to developers and supports v4, and it's also free. Make every effort to check in with the developer first though, as they may already be doing the work.
Simmonsaustin

Post by Simmonsaustin »

Thank you all for the replies. I will try to contact some of these developers to see if they are in the process of making new developments for Prepar3d V4. If not I will ask the developers if I can have a go at it with the link you provided DC1973. Again, thank you for the replies. Hopefully in the near future more DLC comes out in the aerial fire sector for Prepar3d V4!