Scenario Briefing - how to populate with HTML from FLT

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
Slopey

Scenario Briefing - how to populate with HTML from FLT

Post by Slopey »

Hi there,

In FSX, if I pass a FLT file to the sim via the command line, the sim uses the same filename as the FLT file and loads the corresponding HTM file into the kneeboard briefing pane.

Is there a way to do that in P3D? It doesn't appear to work the same, and I can't find any documentation on it.

There's examples for scenarios, with "Overview.htm", but again if I change my HTM file to that, it doesn't load it. Do I need to explicitly set something in the FLT to tell it which HTM file to load?

Cheers,
S.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: Scenario Briefing - how to populate with HTML from FLT

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi S,

If you look inside the associated xml file, you will see an entry to point to your htm/html file:

Code: Select all

<MissionBrief>Overview.htm</MissionBrief>

Make it match your file name and it should auto-populate inside Prepar3D.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Slopey

Post by Slopey »

Hi Adam,

The snag is, that doesn't work :)

If I have a AH2.flt file, and an associated XML .pln file, if I include

<MissionBrief>AH2.htm</MissionBrief>

where AH2.htm is in the same directory as the AH2.flt file - it doesn't show in the Kneeboard briefing.

Everything else is fine, the GPS flight plan has been loaded ok, and the aircraft is at the right place, so the .flt and .pln files are being loaded by P3D, it just doesn't pick up the Briefing in either the Briefing or Mission tabs of the Kneeboard.

Am I missing something? Is there a specific directory I should use or naming convention? I'm happy to forward some example files if that would help?

Many thanks,
Slopey.
Slopey

Post by Slopey »

Ok, so I need to have a .FLT file for the flight, but that has to reference an .XML file which then references the .HTM I want in the briefing/mission pages. Got it.

However, if I load a FLT file directly to P3D via the command line, or "Open With" from the FLT file itself, the mission info isn't populated.

This is true for the provided scenarios also. Does the mission need to be opened from within P3D for the briefing to populate?

i.e. choose the "Foul Weather Water Rescue.flt", then "Open With" Prepar3d from the Windows file explorer as normal, and the briefings don't populate. :(