Any API to set Flaps, Gear, Speed Brake and Parking Brake?

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
ppp333ddd_

Any API to set Flaps, Gear, Speed Brake and Parking Brake?

Post by ppp333ddd_ »

Hi,

Does Simconnect provide any API to set Flaps, Gear, Speed Brake and Parking Brake?

Thanks,
Jeff
JB3DG

Re: Any API to set Flaps, Gear, Speed Brake and Parking Brake?

Post by JB3DG »

You have 2 options. Triggering the relevant events or masking them and controlling the sim variables directly.

Events:
Use SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent, SimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroup, and SimConnect_SetNotificationGroupPriority to link the event with an event ID of your choice. Then call SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent with the event ID and event data as needed.

Sim variables:

Same as above except you would use the masking parameters. Also you would use SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition to link the sim variable with a data definition ID, and then SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject to set the value.

Read the SDK for more info.
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Formerly known as Naruto-kun
ppp333ddd_

Post by ppp333ddd_ »

Hello Naruto,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to triggered the event and I found some can be implemented. For the others, I plan to use SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject.

Best regards,
Jeff
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Absolutely any event that can be triggered by the user can be triggered by SimConnect.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation