SimDirector change UserOwnship1 in Scenario

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
fredhangar

SimDirector change UserOwnship1 in Scenario

Post by fredhangar »

Hello,

1) Is there a possibility in SimDirector to allow the change of UserOwnship1 during the play of the scenario?

For example by changing the Aircraft to a helicopter using the Prepar3d menu (which is currently not usable)?

2) I created a scenario using a boat as UserOwnship1. I tried to keep such scenario but wanted to save it with a helicopter as UserOwnship. Such helicopter would not start engines even when using CTRL+E ?

3) Would it be possible in the future to have in the Prepar3d menu an option allowing to pick up a drivable vehicle in the sceenery as the new UserOwnship?

Currently, if you are in a SimDirector senario, you can only change vehicles by using the Avatar when both vehicle are at a standstill eg get down from the airplane, walk and climb in a car, then climb in a heli or swim to a boat or submarine.

In Prepar3D, you may change vehicle, but It would be great to be able to pick in the list of available drivable vehicles in the game, in the vicinity or elsewhere (at a standstill or in motion).

Easier said than done I guess?

Frederic
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimDirector change UserOwnship1 in Scenario

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey Frederic,

Does the object ChangeObjectTypeAction have the functionality that you're looking for? You can use it to change the user vehicle when activated.

-Brad
fredhangar

Re: SimDirector change UserOwnship1 in Scenario

Post by fredhangar »

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your reply. However I am not a developer. If there is no direct answer using SimDirector,
these questions become wishes as an end-user to LM.

On my points:
1) Is it possible in SimDirector to have a tick box allowing or prohibiting the user to change vehicle during the play of the scenario using the Prepar3D Menu Vehicle/Select? This Menu is currently grayed and not accessible during the play of a scenario.

2) I created a scenario using an airplane or a helicopter and added many détails in the scenario such as traffic.

If I want to keep such détails and save it as a new scenario, it is currenlty possible to change this airplane UserOwnship to a boat or a groundvehicule and save it as a new scenario.

However the opposite does not seem possible. When I created a scenario using a BOAT and wanted to save it as a new scenario using a helicopter, the helicopter will not start engines.

3) I would love to be able to point the mouse on a vehicle on the parked nearby or moving around and fly/drive it. Or to choose it in a menu list. Pure wish list.

Thanks and best regards.

Frederic