[RESOLVED] First time Scenario building.. Sound issue

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
mfkillen

[RESOLVED] First time Scenario building.. Sound issue

Post by mfkillen »

Hi all

I've been searching for this issue but cannot seem to find any reference to the problem I'm having. First of all. Since I'm new to using Simdirector (which is great as I get to know more about it) and certainly new mission building with P3D. There is no question that there is alot to learn.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to create a generic mission that can be build on using the ability of the sims avatars.
Creating a mission that will allow a player to virtually use any aircraft sitting on the ramp.
What I've done is create a test mission in two ways based off this format.

First mission is having the players vehicle as an aircraft. The second test mission is having the player spawn in with the vehicle as a jeep.
The main issue that I'm seeing is this. Once I initially spawn in and use the assigned player vehicle everything this works great. However, as soon as I leave and move to any other aircraft within the sim then it seems things begin to happen. Th e first problem is the sound files are not playing as they should. The only sounds that work are the engine sounds. All other sounds such as cockpit and animation such as flaps speed-brakes, canopy are non existent.

Although there is other issues I'm seeing this is the first one I want to address so if anyone could share some light on the subject I will be very grateful. so thanks for your time and knowledge in advance.

Mark
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: First time Scenario building.. Sound issue

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Mark,

Are you seeing this issue in default vehicles?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
mfkillen

Post by mfkillen »

Hi Rob Thanks for the reply.

Good question. Never thought of that as the aircraft I've been using is standard install for us. I just tried the default UH-60 and seems to work. However, As the aircraft not been the primary A/C spawned in with it still has that awful tendency to revert to the awful AI default sounds.

I know there is a config fix for that by changing SOUND_LOD=0 to SOUND_LOD=1 but really don't want to do that if there is another option.

I'll change mission aircraft to all default and let you know what happens.

Again thanks for the reply, you have know idea how relieved I am .
mfkillen

Post by mfkillen »

Fixed