Navigation scenario

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
yorammelnik

Navigation scenario

Post by yorammelnik »

Hi'
I am trying to create a helicopter training scenario in which I takeoff from a point which is not a airport and fly (and land) through a few landing zones that are planned in the scenario. Along the navigation I want to place targets and decoy targets that the trainee needs to spot or avoid.
I want to grade the trainee according to the number of targets he spotted and if he flew through the designated way points and penalize the trainee if he misses landing zones or targets and if he chooses decoy targets.

I created a flight plan in pr3d and set a scenario that uses that flight plan (it is offered by pr3d) but it not useful because I have to start an finish in an airport and I cannot pinpoint the exact landing zones.
I also tried creating a scenario in SimDirector and added a list of waypoints and targets. Alas, I cannot get navigation direction to the waypoints I added.

Would appreciate any help.
Thx
yoram
yorammelnik

Re: Navigation scenario

Post by yorammelnik »

Hi again,
I'll ask a simpler question.
I used SimDirector to create a scenario with a waypoint list.
My problem is that when flying I can't get to use the gps or any other way to get nav instructions to the waypoint list.
Is there a way to do that?
thx
yoram
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Yoram,

Unfortunately no, waypoints in SimDirector are used to guide AI objects and do not correlate with GPS navigation.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
yorammelnik

Post by yorammelnik »

Thanks for answering!
So what is the way to create in pr3d a navigation flight that traverses a few points that are not airports?