[RESOLVED] SimDirector crashes after loading scenario

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
yorammelnik

[RESOLVED] SimDirector crashes after loading scenario

Post by yorammelnik »

HI,
After 10 days of learning how to work with pr3d simdirector suddenly crashes when running it. I get a "Loading complete" message and then black screen for 10 seconds and it crashes.
Tried running it from cmd, from tools menu in pr3d but still crashes.
Running the pr3d simulator works fine.
uninstalled and installed it again but still crashes.
I did notice that only the default scenario loads without generating the ObjectLoadErrors.txt file but it seems as running info and not errors.
I hope someone can help me....
thx
yoram

sample "ObjectLoadErrors.txt" file data:

RealismOverrides2 Information: Using default UnlimitedFuel (Limited)
RealismOverrides2 Information: Using default AvatarNoCollision (Disabled)
RealismOverrides2 Information: Using default AircraftLabels (Enabled)
Activate_Hoop01_INACTIVE Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Number02 Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Number03 Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Number01 Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Hoop01_Active Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Hoop03_INACTIVE Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Activate_Hoop02_INACTIVE Warning: Action is unreferenced and will never fire with ExecuteUnreferencedActions set to False.
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimDirector crashes after loading scenario

Post by Brad Shiver »

Can you try clearing your generated files or disabling your addons if you have any and see if SimDirector still crashes?

If that doesn't fix the crash, please follow the general debugging steps to help us identify the issue: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
yorammelnik

Post by yorammelnik »

Thanks.
How do I clear the generated files?
I do not have add ons.
yoram
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Go to the following locations and delete these folders:
  • %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
If you're using v4, you can run the "Delete Generated Files" file in your Prepar3D directory instead.
yorammelnik

Post by yorammelnik »

I apologize for the stupid question but I can't find these environment variables:
%PROGRAMDATA%
%LOCALAPPDATA%
%APPDATA%

running "Delete Generated Files" file did the job and SimDirector did not crach.
Thanks a lot.
yoram