SimDirector Loading Catalog

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
aeronauta

SimDirector Loading Catalog

Post by aeronauta »

Is there a way to not need to load the catalog everytime you open SimDirector , I have done all the suggested tricks (reduce libs and scenery, reduce settings) but still takes 5-10 minutes to load (from SSD), why is it not saved and reused?
Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Darren Goldfarb

Re: SimDirector Loading Catalog

Post by Darren Goldfarb »

Hi Jorge,

Right now it loads every time no matter what. We can look into caching the catalog in a future release. What add-ons do you have installed? 5-10 minutes is far longer than it should ever take. Less than 15 seconds is normally what we see, varying slightly based on hardware.

Regards,

Darren
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you for the reply Darren, I have OZx and Orbx , the Orbx libs I can untick , but the OZx is all installed with the addons xml and they get greyed out so no way to disable them, I am trying to do a tutorial but my biggest problem is after I mnanage to get the catal;og loaded I start SimDirector but I dont see all the tabs , and cant figure out how to get them,.,,

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
Darren Goldfarb

Hi Jorge,

How long does the catalog take to load with just OZx loaded? Which tabs are you missing? We have the ribbon tabs across the top. Most of those are either always available or available based on which SimDirector mode you are in. The objects tab only appears when you have an object selected. If you are referring to the different available windows/views (which can be tabbed), i.e. Catalog, Objects, Object Properties, etc., those can be toggled on/off in the Windows ribbon tab.

Regards,

Darren
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you Darren, removing all of ORBX (some 150 entries) I get the catalogue in 4 to 5 minutes. What I cannot understand are the instaructions in the SimDirector Tutorial of the Learning centre. In create scenario says Open SimDirector ..OK after loading the catalog I save the scenario as requested .. ( I started P3D with the default scenario). then says Use Airport to choose Tampa Int..as a astarting point... there starts my problem ..where is airport?? Ah go to Airport (link)..there I am presented with this ribbon tabs which I dont know where they are... my Simdirector window shows at the top Tampa bay tour.fxml- simdirector end of my adventure ...as I cannot figure out using the tutorial or the sdk how to get this ribbons...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
Darren Goldfarb

To speed up the catalog load, you can turn off "Load Friendly Names For Catalog Object Models (Requires Restart)" in the Settings tab of the File menu. We apologize for the confusion regarding the ribbons. If you click the back button at the top left of the File menu, you will get back to the main SimDirector application and you will see all of the ribbons.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you Darren, now I see, i will try this soon.
I am downloading the HF2 so will try everything with the new P3D and the new SDK...

To all at LM I wish a very merry festive season and a Happy New Year ... looking forward to the very important news!!!!

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
hyrons

Post by hyrons »

yes turning this help loads, loading time when from 3-5 mins to about 30 seconds.

only problem is then names all gone, please find you add a cache option for fast load times but with names.

Thanks