[RESOLVED] P3D v4 bug: library objects DISAPPEAR!

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
aquil8

[RESOLVED] P3D v4 bug: library objects DISAPPEAR!

Post by aquil8 »

Hi all!
I drew about 500 new objects (like custom buildings) to use in my scenery. All objects refer to a single DDS 1024x1024px texture called "GlobalTexture.dds" to minimize drawcalls.
I added all these objects in default.xml.
I made a scenery with a combination of thousand of copies of these 500 objects placed in many AGN files.
Scenery works very well in P3D v.3.
In P3D v.4 I have a big problem: often all library objects that refers to the single texture "GlobalTexture.dds" disappear for many seconds especially if the orthophoto is loaded at high quality (same issue in FSX).
I know that in the past many developers have encountered this problem using drawcall batching. In this case I only share the same texture with all the objects.
I don't know why the scenery works well in P3D v.3 and not in P3D v.4.

Maybe I solve with a tweak in Prepar3D.cfg?
Or I have to redraw all objects without share the same texture?

Any ideas?

Thank you.
aquil8

Re: P3D v4 bug: library objects DISAPPEAR!

Post by aquil8 »

Hi all!
I investigate to solve the problem. I noticed that objects disappear also if I use different textures for each object!!
aquil8

Post by aquil8 »

I found a workaround: if I create a mdl file with /anim attribute, objects doesn't disappear, but we have bad fps performance.
I don't know why in P3D v3 the scenery works well and not in P3D v4... I hope that this bug will be resolved in the next version of the simulator.
aquil8

Post by aquil8 »

Prepar3D v.4.5 solve this BUG.

Thank you Lockheed Martin developers!