[RESOLVED] EGJJ Problem. - ORBX

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
bobsk8

[RESOLVED] EGJJ Problem. - ORBX

Post by bobsk8 »

I just noticed the other day that when I go to EGJJ airport, I see elevation problems , and there is a grass strip in the middle of the paved runway, that looks like a small grass hill as you approach it. The only add on at that airport is UTX Europe, which I disabled for testing, but no change. I also have a bgl from My Traffic 6 which I also disabled with no change. My question is, is this a built in problem with P3D version 3.4,in other words does anyone else see this in an overhead view of the runway. Would appreciate if someone could check this for me.

Thanks,
bobsk8

Re: EGJJ Problem.

Post by bobsk8 »

Found out if I disable ORBX FTX England in scenery configurator menu, problem goes away. Guess it is an Orbx issue.
bobsk8

Re: EGJJ Problem.soved

Post by bobsk8 »

Problem solved with the help of someone on the AVsim forum this morning.

The suggestion I got this morning was to tick the box which I had unticked in Orbx England Control panel , , Jersey Airport EGJJ for Earth Simulations compatibility and that fixed the grassy hill in the middle of the runway.

Now I had deep chasms on either side of the runway and taxiways. I could land and taxi around, but didn't dare to veer off the pavement.

Then I looked in P3D/Scenery/World/scenery , and found a file UTX_EGJJ_EUR.BGL ( since I do have UTX Europe) I had read that sometimes these files in World/scenery cause problems, so I disabled this file by naming it off.

Now my EGJJ looks perfect, no grassy hills on the runway, and no deep chasms on either side of the runway or taxiways. .