Problem with ADE file ImagineSim KATL

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
marius558

Problem with ADE file ImagineSim KATL

Post by marius558 »

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this topic, so please move it if needed.

I´m having an issue with Imagine Sims KATL scenery for Prepar3d v4. After installing the scenery and loading it up in the sim, the visuals (buildings, taxiways, etc.) appears to be correct, but it appears to be a problem with the ADE file. It´s not possible to select parking positions (only active runway and tower controller which places me in the middle of the airport). There is no AI traffic vissible and no ATC is available. When taxiing, it appears to be «off road». I´m also using GSX, which appears to have no problem reading the ADE file and I can use it just fine.

I have tried to reinstall it and add the scenery manually by creating the add-on.xml file myself, but I still end up with same result. I have made sure to install with admin privileges and disabling the anti virus during installation.

I also had look at the ADE file in Airport Design Editor, and I could not see any issues there. I tried to load up the default ADE (APX25200.bgl), but was not able to load (the program failed to respond so I had to force close it).

I was wondering if someone here could help figure out whats wrong?

I have tried to email the developer regarding this problem, but have not gotten any response yet. I have also asked over at the Avsim-forums (there was an user with a similar issue as me), but no response there either yet.
marius558

Re: Problem with ADE file ImagineSim KATL

Post by marius558 »

I managed to solve the problem. I got a reply from a guy with the same issues as me, and removing a file called KATL Approaches solved the problem.
ahuimanu

Re: Problem with ADE file ImagineSim KATL

Post by ahuimanu »

Thank you. I had several exchanges with ImagineSim support and this remained unresolved. Your solution works.