fsx scenery compatibility

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
firebob

fsx scenery compatibility

Post by firebob »

hi, i'm new user. I read almost fsx sceneries run also in P3D. I copied some from freeware scenery and activated from scenery library, but when selecting the scenery (for example an airport) the program load only the default one. Why? How can i use the new added one? Shall i delete the default one? but how i can do it if the file i'm looking for is inside a cab file?
Thanks for answer
nealmac

Re: fsx scenery compatibility

Post by nealmac »

What version of P3D are you using?
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
firebob

Post by firebob »

I'm using Prepar3PDv04 Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8130MB RAM DirectX Version: 11.2 Card name: AMD Radeon R7 240 Display Memory: 5871 MB Dedicated Memory: 2031 MB Shared Memory: 3840 MB
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

P3Dv4 is completely different to other older versions of P3D, in the sense that it is 64 bit. Most of these freeware sceneries were developed for 32 bit platforms. This is why Most FSX sceneries will work in older versions of P3D. I'm delighted to have a 64 bit platform, but unfortunately it comes at a price. Older scenery generally isn't compatible, unless the developer updates it.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
firebob

Post by firebob »

Thanks for answer, but I have the same problem also with orbx scenery, installed with dedicated installer FTx and with an airport compatible with v 04: so I cannot added anyone scenery? Shal I downgrade to version 02? Or better select another resolution, for example 1280 x 1020 64 bit?