Flight1 Sound Stream crashes P3D

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

The image says it all except hitting "Run once" crashes P3D despite the web site stating that it supports P3D. I have posted a support question in their forum and will report back.

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hello Mac, what are the statements in the dll.xml for this module?
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

G'day Jan, would you like me to copy the complete xml here or is there a particular statement I should be looking for?

On second thoughts Jan I can save you a little time. Please click HERE for the complete file.

Canuck

Post by Canuck »

All the calls in the XML are to FSX.
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Sorry Alexander, you will have to take me a little further than that. I do not understand .xml very well. Flight1 have said "Will check this, thanks for reporting!" and asked for my exact P3D version and license.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Sorry I typed that above and got called away by a minor disaster involving the 3 year old granddaughter and a constant flushing toilet. LOL

I was just pointing out that all the references in the XML are to FSX, as to how to fix it I haven't a clue. Do you have FSX? If not I would be tempted to edit the XML using notepad (it is only a text file) having made a backup first. Where it mentions the calls to FSX, it may be possible to edit it to the appropriate P3D directories instead. But don't blame me if it goes awry. I would say if in any doubt leave it alone and await advice from Flight 1. Good luck with that I have never found them too responsive although the forums are pretty good.
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

I too have young grand daughters and they are constant source of crisis. LOL

Thank you Sir. I will certainly try your suggestion and report back. I too have not been very impressed by the Flight1 forum. My only hope this time is that "FSDiscover" responded who is a site Admin. Fingers crossed.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Quote:
Quote from Arismac on June 30, 2012, 02:38

G'day Jan, would you like me to copy the complete xml here or is there a particular statement I should be looking for?

On second thoughts Jan I can save you a little time. Please click HERE for the complete file.

Hello Mac, the file that you placed is the xml file from f1 ; I would like to see the dll.exe that is in

C:\Users\***yourname***\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Ahhhh ... sorry. Try THIS ONE please.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Try to remove these lines from the DLL.XML open with notepad++); make a copy fist of the xml file. It seems that the module starts earler then P3D has finished starting.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Flight1SoundStream</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>G:\Flight One Software\Flight1 SoundStream\Flight1SoundStreamFSX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Thanks for your suggestion Jan, but I am afraid it did not work. I shall keep trying to get an answer from Flight1 and report back when they respond.