Problems with sounds

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
BigT1965

Problems with sounds

Post by BigT1965 »

I am running P3Dv4.5 a couple of days ago I lost all sounds with the Electra 10A. Other aircraft have sound. Other programs have sound, music, videos all OK. Now today I have lost ATC sound on all aircraft I have tested. Any idea why this is happening? Can you give me some suggestions what to look for. A little while ago I did a reinstall of the client, content and scenery. This made no difference with the sound problem. It's pretty hard to fly when you have no sound.
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S, Altec Sound.
Martyson

Re: Problems with sounds

Post by Martyson »

BigT1965 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:06 am I am running P3Dv4.5 a couple of days ago I lost all sounds with the Electra 10A. Other aircraft have sound. Other programs have sound, music, videos all OK. Now today I have lost ATC sound on all aircraft I have tested. Any idea why this is happening? Can you give me some suggestions what to look for. A little while ago I did a reinstall of the client, content and scenery. This made no difference with the sound problem. It's pretty hard to fly when you have no sound.
You could get into Windows/system/sound/trouble shooting area and check it out there first.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
BigT1965

Post by BigT1965 »

So, I finally decided what i needed to do was reinstall P3Dv4.5. I reinstalled the client, the content and the scenery. I didn't see, or hear, any improvement right at first. After playing around with it for another half a day the ATC sound returned on all the aircraft so I loaded up the Electra to see if it was fixed and YES it was. So I don't know what ultimately solved the problem but I now have ATC voices back and the Electra is full sound again.😃
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S, Altec Sound.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)