PBR paint jobs

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Louis8

PBR paint jobs

Post by Louis8 »

I've come across these PBR repaints in SOH combat flight center , which i know most here know about it as the C-47 v3.14 by Manfred Jahns is ever so popular in the flight sim community . These PBR repaints look amazing but i can't seem to understand the instructions as it says in install it in you PBR folder .What does this mean? i put it in my ordinary C-47 folder where i have the rest of the repaints but it won't show up .----Thanks Louis cyyc
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
DaveWG

Re: PBR paint jobs

Post by DaveWG »

The PBR paints will only work with the new PBR enabled model released over at SOH a couple of weeks ago, not the original 3.14 version.
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Ok Dave now at least that's a little clearer.
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

I've also noted that a couple of the repaints (I haven't downloaded then all) have an error in that the texture name called up in the cfg for the repaint does not match the texture folder name so they wouldn't show up anyway! I've let the repaint author know so hopefully that will get fixed.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Dave,

I went to SOH and got an HTTP 404 error when trying to download the P3Dv4.5 C47 ZIP.

I found your post on SOH forum and mentioned the problem in your thread ...

Do you know of another source for the download?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

No, sorry. I think SOH was the only place it was uploaded to.
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

For some reason and always been ,i'm logged in but can't post is why i'm posting here.Sounds from what your saying it's a whole different plane .Louis
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Louis8 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:04 pm For some reason and always been ,i'm logged in but can't post is why i'm posting here.Sounds from what your saying it's a whole different plane .Louis
Dave, thanks for the reply.

Louis,
After you Log-In does your username appear at the top?

The new C47 for P3Dv4.5 available since 11-15-2019 (screenshot).

Have you tried to download the ZIP file?

Note:
I have previously downloaded and flown the FSX version.

Best Regards,
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Sorry Vaughan for late answer . Yes it says welcome Louis then a log out option
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Louis8 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 pm Sorry Vaughan for late answer . Yes it says welcome Louis then a log out option
The new C47 for P3Dv4.5 available since 11-15-2019.
Sorry, I did not include a screenshot previously.

Anyway, did you find it at SOH and were you able to download the ZIP?

Note:
For some reason I can log in but cannot download anything from SOH .. keep getting http 404 error when I try to download files.
Best Regards,
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Yes thanks to this post i was able to find and install it, but only one paint job shows up --the Qantas one shows up but the Finnish air and Bahamas paints won't show up ,and its not like i'm new at this . And also the Conf to install the Flight one GTN 750 doesn't seem to want to go in this pbr version . I was bull headed and only used the old style nav's like NDB's and Vor's and ILS , but with every Nava graff update there seems to be less and less IlS's and Ndb's . I was talking to a friend of mine telling him about it and he said yes, cause the cost of keeping the Vor's and ILS's systems is to high so its slowly going to Rnav .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@louis8,

Thanks for the reply.

I got a reply from the SOH forum and staff.

Turns out they do not support (FDM) Free Download Manager or my configuration with it is wrong.

I cancelled the FDM download which then defaulted to a basic Browser download (183MB took 20 minutes at 155Kb/sec).

So, now I have the SOH C47 By Manfred Jahn with PBR in P3Dv4.5 and back to old time navigation with it (a great ride).
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Louis8 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:51 pm Yes thanks to this post i was able to find and install it, but only one paint job shows up --the Qantas one shows up but the Finnish air and Bahamas paints won't show up ,and its not like i'm new at this . And also the Conf to install the Flight one GTN 750 doesn't seem to want to go in this pbr version . I was bull headed and only used the old style nav's like NDB's and Vor's and ILS , but with every Nava graff update there seems to be less and less IlS's and Ndb's . I was talking to a friend of mine telling him about it and he said yes, cause the cost of keeping the Vor's and ILS's systems is to high so its slowly going to Rnav .
See DaveWG's second post .... on your problem "-the Qantas one shows up but the Finnish air and Bahamas paints won't show up"

My C-47 USAF PBR repaint did not show up:
Note, the UnZipped texture name is texture.JK_MAAG so it needs to be renamed texture.JK_MAAG_PBR or else it will not show up in P3D's aircraft list.
Best Regards,