Just learnt a major lesson

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Louis8

Just learnt a major lesson

Post by Louis8 »

There's a pile of default airplanes that i'll never fly so i got the bright idea to make a folder called P3D Hangar and put about a good 25 or so that folder-rotorcraft you name it -the whole works including the one they call IRIS Rapter Driver ---BIG BIG mistake , then next day i fired up the sim, the 737 PMDG all my 9 Go flight modules, got the flight all ready to head to CYVR -I take off, now the flaps don't work with my Precision Flight Controls and the gear won't go up -and i checked with general aircraft, loaded up the Duke and none of my 9 Go flight modules would work . checked and check connections, you name it nothing is working . Then i thought about when i took out all the aircraft ., so i put them all back in cause when i loaded up the sim a banner popped up saying the F-22 525 squadron wont not initialize . So make darn sure you don't mess with that ISIS rapter driver , i don't know what it does and i'm sure i'll get told here shortly but it sure threw me in a loop. Louis
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
StuB

Re: Just learnt a major lesson

Post by StuB »

The reason what you did didn't work was because P3D didn't know about the new folder.

That being said, you can have airplanes (or any other objects) in a different folder within SimObjects, but you have to add the folder to the simobjects.cfg file located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The entry would need to be something like:

[Entry.xx]
Title=Default Aircraft
Path=SimObjects\P3D_Hangar
Required=True
Active=True

Note: The "xx" portion of Entry.xx should be the next open number within the cfg file. For example, in my cfg file, it is Entry.10

Also....it should go without saying....make a copy of the cfg file BEFORE you make any changes to the file.