IRIS - Warthog Driver II

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Martyson

IRIS - Warthog Driver II

Post by Martyson »

I am looking for information on the payware:

IRIS - Airforce Series - Warthog Driver II [P3D]

Anybody know if this payware aircraft is approved for P3Dv4.4?
And, is it using the current version of VRS Tacpack?

I sent in an information request via their Contact US here:
https://www.irissimulations.com.au/ols/ ... contact_us

But have not gotten a reply.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Daube

Re: IRIS - Warthog Driver II

Post by Daube »

This aircraft is not supported officially for P3Dv4, but it works quite well, as far as I've seen.
I don't remember if I have tested it in 4.4, but it was definitely ok in 4.3, including its TacPack features... excepted the FLIR screen, which is the only thing I couldn't get to work.

From my understanding, the FLIR screen used an old FSX tech to draw, which is not supported in P3Dv4. Because of this you can't use some of the weapons :/ But you can still load them to make the plane look cooler :)

Also, that A-10 is a total blast in VR. Still today, its virtual cockpit is one of the best-looking ones I have ever seen in FS or P3D. Maybe tonight I'll have some time to test it again, just to confirm the plane works in 4.4. I have updated my TacPack a few days ago, so I should be good to go for the test.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Daube wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:22 pm This aircraft is not supported officially for P3Dv4, but it works quite well, as far as I've seen.
I don't remember if I have tested it in 4.4, but it was definitely ok in 4.3, including its TacPack features... excepted the FLIR screen, which is the only thing I couldn't get to work.

From my understanding, the FLIR screen used an old FSX tech to draw, which is not supported in P3Dv4. Because of this you can't use some of the weapons :/ But you can still load them to make the plane look cooler :)

Also, that A-10 is a total blast in VR. Still today, its virtual cockpit is one of the best-looking ones I have ever seen in FS or P3D. Maybe tonight I'll have some time to test it again, just to confirm the plane works in 4.4. I have updated my TacPack a few days ago, so I should be good to go for the test.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Much appreciated because I still have not gotten a reply from IRIS .. been a week now.
Their web site does not provide much information:
http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ols/

Do you know if they still in business and providing support?

If they are I wonder if they are intending to upgrade their A10 Warthog for P3Dv4.xx + Tacpack with FLIR?

Is the A10 fully operational in FSX Acceleration?

If I purchased the A10 for FSX would I have to purchase again for their P3D4.xx version / their policy ?

How did your test flight go with the A10 in P3Dv4.4?
Best Regards,
Daube

Post by Daube »

I confirm the plane works normally in P3Dv4.4, excepted the FLIR screen :/
Daube

Post by Daube »

I forgot to mention another issue: for some unknown reason, the throttle bodies dissapear from the VC upon pressing the engine starter buttons.
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen a similar issue mentioned here in another thread, maybe ? I believe it was happening on the default F-22, which is also made by IRIS...
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

IRIS shows their A10 Warthog Driver P3D support is for P3D v1.4 and P3D v2.1

Best Regards,