My P3Dv4 Eureka moment

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
DaveB

My P3Dv4 Eureka moment

Post by DaveB »

My P3Dv4 Eureka moment, no more crashes to desktop (hopefully) loading time down from ten to fifteen minutes+ to under two minutes, One minute twenty seconds if I turned Orbx Vector off. But I'll leave it on , I can live with loading in two minutes.
So what is The Eureka Moment? Those who use Lorbi SI Add-on organizer for P3Dv4 will know it can convert all your scenery.cfg entries into .xml files that look a bit like this add-on.xml and add-on.xml.PSSCBAK and all those .xml files are stored in C:\User\your name\Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons.

If I look at my scenery.cfg it's empty other than all my Orbx entries. It's empty because all my sceneries are now .xml folders and they reside in C:\User\yourname\Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons.
The downside to this is on booting up P3Dv4 it loads all those scenery .xml entries and if like me with over seven hundred sceneries it can take what seems forever to load with me it was usually more than fifteen minutes.

The Eureka Moment

What I did was on my desktop I made a folder and surprise surprise called it Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons. I then copied all the xml contents from C:\User\yourname\Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons. to the new Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder on my desktop. I then deleted the contents of C:\User\yourname\Documents\Prepar3Dv4

So now If I want to fly lets say from EGLL to EHAM I copy those folders from the desktop Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder and paste them into the original C:\User\yourname\Documents\Prepar3Dv4

Then on booting up all I have to do click "YES" when it ask permission to allow that scenery in P3D. Boot up time less than two minutes, one minute if you don't activate Orbx vector because it's only loading the two sceneries you need will be loaded. and the best till last...... you will know instantly if a scenery is messing up P3D and causes it to crash because you only have those couple of sceneries being used, no more guessing on what the feck is causing the problem.
Raphael_Chacon

Re: My P3Dv4 Eureka moment

Post by Raphael_Chacon »

God one,

Ive learned to manage the CFG, XMLs files to avoid blood pressure problems as well hahaha...

Id like to see kind of Maintenance Center for the P3D simulator, so we can do all of those things, or even recovery(like windows) if something goes wrong...

Happy Flying!
INV-2071056
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Can't you select and unselect with a mouseklick within Lorby-SI Addon Manager which sceneries should be loaded in P3D? Would be a lot easier than copy-pasting stuff all the times...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Or, take a look at SimstarterNG. This tool is very powerful and also supports different profiles with different sceneries.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home