Adding weapons to a saved flight

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
tucanto

Adding weapons to a saved flight

Post by tucanto »

Image In a flight I did a ALT - Scenario - Save this resulted in an FXML file in Documents loaded flight ,
no problem.
I then went back to FXML file and added text for Bombs but on loading flight message says malformed xml file
Attached images of FXML file to show problem.
https://ibb.co/d1Ygxe
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Adding weapons to a saved flight

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

If you're referring to an add-on capability you'll want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If you have a Pro Plus license just load a weaponized vehicle and save again. If you don't have a Pro Plus license weapons are not available.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Thanks for your reply, I have the Academic Licence as does my colleague he has no problem adding bomb dropping to a scenario He has looked at my edited FXML file and can not see why it is not working. ?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

tucanto wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 am Thanks for your reply, I have the Academic Licence as does my colleague he has no problem adding bomb dropping to a scenario He has looked at my edited FXML file and can not see why it is not working. ?
Which aircraft is your friend adding bombs to and then dropping them?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Hallo there, he was using the 'Douglas Havoc' (add-on) but we used to use any aircraft in SFSX using the
freeware Weapons pack by 'Chris Sykes'. create a flight and save and add weapons text to the FLT (FXML)
file in Documents.
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

I have now solved the problem and Bombing raids successful I found the Panel Manager
in Alt-Vehicle and ticked the box Droppable Objects and then edited the FXML file with
text for Bombs.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

tucanto wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 am I have now solved the problem and Bombing raids successful I found the Panel Manager
in Alt-Vehicle and ticked the box Droppable Objects and then edited the FXML file with
text for Bombs.
Just to verify, is this the product you are using:
weapons pack
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ns-pack-4/

Is the freeware developer providing support and is it an approved product for P3D v3/v4 Academic / Professional?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Hallo there
Yes Weapons 4, although I have only tried bombs. there is an email for support.