[RESOLVED] P3D V4.2 Flight Planner EXTREMELY slow to load

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
fdm79

Re: P3D V4.2 Flight Planner EXTREMELY slow to load

Post by fdm79 »

Martyson wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm
fdm79 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 pm The only way I could reproduce better what is happening would be with a vídeo rather than pictures but there is no way to do it here.
Tried now, KPDX - KSEA, same issue. It gets extremely slow and sluggish. Sometimes even CTD...

After 12 years using FSX and P3D and given my specs, I know this is not supposed to be normal. I thought my P3D could be currupted but last night I performed a clean installation, deleted the "User" folders, everything and the problem is still there !

PS - I have P3D v4.1 in another SSD and if I try the same from 4.1, Flight Planner is blazing fast under the same circumstances !

" I thought my P3D could be currupted but last night I performed a clean installation, deleted the "User" folders, everything and the problem is still there !"

Ok, so this was after your initial post.

Did you still have any addons still installed and did you test in a default P3D state?
Both !

Tried after a fresh install with no add-on. The problems was still there but it seemed a tad faster to load. But clearly, not normal as I've been used to since I know P3D. After re intalling all add-ons, it got worse like before performing a clean installation ! And as I said, I also have P3D 4.1 installed in another SSD (it was initially a back up folder when I installed 4.2 so I can load 4.1 as well in the same computer with the same add-ons) and with 4.1, this is not happening !!!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fdm79 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:03 pm
fdm79 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 pm The only way I could reproduce better what is happening would be with a vídeo rather than pictures but there is no way to do it here.
Tried now, KPDX - KSEA, same issue. It gets extremely slow and sluggish. Sometimes even CTD...

After 12 years using FSX and P3D and given my specs, I know this is not supposed to be normal. I thought my P3D could be currupted but last night I performed a clean installation, deleted the "User" folders, everything and the problem is still there !

PS - I have P3D v4.1 in another SSD and if I try the same from 4.1, Flight Planner is blazing fast under the same circumstances !

" I thought my P3D could be currupted but last night I performed a clean installation, deleted the "User" folders, everything and the problem is still there !"

Did you still have any addons still installed and did you test in a default P3D state?
Both !

Tried after a fresh install with no add-on. The problems was still there but it seemed a tad faster to load. But clearly, not normal as I've been used to since I know P3D. After re intalling all add-ons, it got worse like before performing a clean installation ! And as I said, I also have P3D 4.1 installed in another SSD (it was initially a back up folder when I installed 4.2 so I can load 4.1 as well in the same computer with the same add-ons) and with 4.1, this is not happening !!!

"Tried after a fresh install with no add-on. The problems was still there but it seemed a tad faster to load. But clearly, not normal as I've been used to since I know P3D."

Did you still have the blurry map problem?

Did it still take approximately , like 30 seconds ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Martyson wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Both !

"Tried after a fresh install with no add-on. The problems was still there but it seemed a tad faster to load. But clearly, not normal as I've been used to since I know P3D."

Yes I'm still having the blurry map and sometimes it takes more than 30 seconds to finish finding a route !! It's in a point where if I press anything else during the process, I get a windows message saying that the APP stopped working but if I press "wait to respond", P3D won't shut but there were cases when loading ENBR - ENVA took around 1 minute ! Totally non sense !
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fdm79 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Martyson wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Both !

Yes I'm still having the blurry map and sometimes it takes more than 30 seconds to finish finding a route !! It's in a point where if I press anything else during the process, I get a windows message saying that the APP stopped working but if I press "wait to respond", P3D won't shut but there were cases where loading ENBR - ENVA took around 1 minute ! Totally non sense !
Well, it sound bad ... or getting worse?

Have you thought about uninstalling and testing the addon free default P3D state again?
Best Regards,
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Well.... It's VERY annoying and time consuming to do this ! Uninstalling and reinstalling the whole P3D plus add-ons is not like uninstalling and reinstalling a simple program... I'm usually quite good fixing small issues when it comes to the late FSX or P3D... But this is something that I'm COMPLETELY lost. I'm running out of ideas about what to do. Performing a fresh install didn't solve the problem. after this, I don't know what else I could do.......
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Martyson wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:55 pm
The OP was testing ENBR-ENVA IFR , High Altitude?

What did you see?
As I have written, it also takes me 30-40 seconds for this specific route to be loaded. As for the TS. And no, I am certainly NOT going to perform a fresh installation for P3D, as this would end in hours of work. In contrast to the TS, I already had this issue in v4.1, however not in v3.x. I guess it has to be related somehow to the terrain.cfg, as I once had an issue with the terrain.cfg back in the FSX days resulting in a totally blank map view without any airports, navaids or anything showing up and only the restoration of the terrain.cfg from a backup resolved it. Might be worth running the "force migration" of the ORBX FTX Central again and see if this helps...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

AnkH wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 am
Martyson wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:55 pm
The OP was testing ENBR-ENVA IFR , High Altitude?

What did you see?
As I have written, it also takes me 30-40 seconds for this specific route to be loaded. As for the TS. And no, I am certainly NOT going to perform a fresh installation for P3D, as this would end in hours of work. In contrast to the TS, I already had this issue in v4.1, however not in v3.x. I guess it has to be related somehow to the terrain.cfg, as I once had an issue with the terrain.cfg back in the FSX days resulting in a totally blank map view without any airports, navaids or anything showing up and only the restoration of the terrain.cfg from a backup resolved it. Might be worth running the "force migration" of the ORBX FTX Central again and see if this helps...
I've already tried deleting Terrain.cfg and even with P3D genereting a new one didn't help !
And I've been thinking if this is actually related to ORBX but I don't see how, after performing a fresh install and still having the problem ! And as I said before, I still have 4.1 ported to another SSD and it's perfectly ok. Another curious thing: Even still having 4.1 in another SSD, it still uses the "C:\ProgramData" and "C:\USERS...\" , same as 4.2, so apparently, the problem is also not coming from the config hidden folders.
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Tried again...

Clean and fresh install. Before installing I manually removed all Lockheed Martin Folders from "ProgramData" and "Users"...
Still no joy !
I'm wondering what will come next !

Formating my Windows 10 SSD ?

Buying another computer ?

This never happened before with 4.0 or 4.1 at least for me !
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fdm79 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 pm Tried again...

Clean and fresh install. Before installing I manually removed all Lockheed Martin Folders from "ProgramData" and "Users"...
Still no joy !

" I still have 4.1 ported to another SSD and it's perfectly ok. Another curious thing: Even still having 4.1 in another SSD, it still uses the "C:\ProgramData" and "C:\USERS...\" , same as 4.2, so apparently, the problem is also not coming from the config hidden folders."

What does "ported" mean?

Why did you do that?
Best Regards,
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Martyson wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Still no joy !

" I still have 4.1 ported to another SSD and it's perfectly ok. Another curious thing: Even still having 4.1 in another SSD, it still uses the "C:\ProgramData" and "C:\USERS...\" , same as 4.2, so apparently, the problem is also not coming from the config hidden folders."

What does "ported" mean?

Why did you do that?

Initially I copied the whole 4.1 folder to another SSD just to keep it as a backup for files, not to load P3D itself...
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fdm79 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Still no joy !

What does "ported" mean?

Why did you do that?

Initially I copied the whole 4.1 folder to another SSD just to keep it as a backup for files, not to load P3D itself...

"Initially I copied the whole 4.1 folder to another SSD just to keep it as a backup for files, not to load P3D itself..."

You mentioned you did still run P3Dv4.1 from the SSD "backup".

No telling how much is actually wrong with your PC / P3Dv setup.
Best Regards,
fdm79

Post by fdm79 »

Martyson wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:03 pm
fdm79 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 pm

What does "ported" mean?

Why did you do that?

"Initially I copied the whole 4.1 folder to another SSD just to keep it as a backup for files, not to load P3D itself..."

You mentioned you did still run P3Dv4.1 from the SSD "backup".

No telling how much is actually wrong with your PC / P3Dv setup.

Just forget about it !

I reinstalled 4.1 back and will hopefully wait for a decent 4.3 !

Thanks
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Sad, I wonder if you also have microstutters all over in v4.2. I somehow guess this is related to this issue here, I do not get my v4.2 running smooth, with whatever combination of settings I try. v4.1 was almost perfectly smooth on my rig, so this might be related...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Short update: I did a complete re-installation of Prepar3d v4.2. To do so, I also removed everything related to P3D on the C: drive, including the folders in App Data/Roaming etc. And guess what? The flight planner is back to normal (and the microstutters are gone). Case closed on my end...
------------------
Chris