Question For LM re Slow Photoscenery Loading

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
rockliffe

Question For LM re Slow Photoscenery Loading

Post by rockliffe »

At the risk of being a PITA and once again starting yet another thread regarding slow loading photoscenery textures, but I am at my wits end regarding this issue and would be extremely grateful if Beau or someone could offer some information regarding the 'current stat of play.'

The slow loading of photoscenery textures has become such an issue for me that I am now considering dropping P3D and running XP11. This is something I really do not want to do, but I am extremely frustrated at not knowing where to go with this issue.

The issue is still present with all autogen sliders turned off and all the other usual frame hitters such as HDR, dynamic lighting, etc etc. turned off too. AA is set at 8MSAA. I run a GTX1080ti and a i7-6700 OC to 4.6Ghz. 16GB RAM@ 3200mhz.

I have tried, HT off and on, cfg tweaks and no cfg tweaks, Nvidia inspector off and default Nvidia CP on and off, 4k monitor and 1080p monitor, both HDMI and DVI/display port, tried running at both 60hz annd 30hz, locked framerates at 30, unlocked framerates, Vsync on and Vsync off, tried adding exemptions in Windows defender, absolutely everything! Nothing has made the slightest difference. Could it be Win10? Probably not I guess, as so many others are running this. I need to add, that I previously ran the older 2500k with a GTX1070 with a 2560x1600 monitor with FSX and P3D 3.4 and experienced no problems whatsoever.

I understand that LM is aware of this issue, as others have also reported the same issue. However, I would be extremely grateful if an answer to my questions could be posted as it would be extremely useful.

1) Has LM actually managed to ascertain what is causing the issue?
2) If so, is it mendable with an update?
3) If so, is there a timescale on the update?

It has been several months since this reported issue was acknowledged by LM and we were told that it was being looked into. Therefore any kind of update as to the current situation would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.
rockliffe

Re: Question For LM re Slow Photoscenery Loading

Post by rockliffe »

I was hoping to have some kind of information regarding this post by now. I know LM are aware of the issue, I would just like to know if it is mendable and if so, will we see a remedy in an update. An answer would be appreciated.Thanks.