Is V4.2 being released soon?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Avidean

Is V4.2 being released soon?

Post by Avidean »

Will there be improvements in FPS stability and texture loading?
rockliffe

Re: Is V4.2 being released soon?

Post by rockliffe »

I sincerely hope so.
Scriptless

Post by Scriptless »

I hope the Dynamic Lighting performance hit gets fixed.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Dynamic lightning? No issues so far, simply reduce your settings for night flying. No need for shadows etc. in night time and no need for extended antialiasing modes neither. With adjusted settings, I get almost the same FPS in night time as I do in daytime, with DL on.

BUT: cloud shadows need to be fixed. Autogen loading in patches needs to be fixed. Bugged terrain reflections need to be fixed. Those three fixed, and P3Dv4.2 will be the best simulator ever. Fingers crossed...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
Scriptless

Post by Scriptless »

Avidean wrote: Will there be improvements in FPS stability and texture loading?
Well, you are one lucky guy then who has no problems with DL,
however you will find hundred of complaints on Dynamic Lighting regarding its performance on this forum and other big community forums
joefackel

Post by joefackel »

And most of them are just driving their settings to high, period.

It was clear from the very first that DL will stress the hardware more than the old "lighting system".
System: 9900k - 32GB - 1080ti

Sim: P3D v5, ORBX Global, openLC, AS4 + SF3D, EZDOK3, ProSIM 737, GSX2, AIM OIC, PATC
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

Well I don't use DL at all or DR or HDR or demanding Aircraft. 90% gliding at 30hz with unlimited FPS. Most the time I see FPS well over 30fps with vsyn off but there are often huge dips that sometimes go as low as the teens which of course induce huge immersion killing stutters. Other problem is despite flying a relatively slow speeds 60 to 100knots I see blurry ground textures. A real immersion killer at lowish altitudes. Hence I am hoping for improved FPS stability and texture loading:
https://youtu.be/z3bpnteQl_k?t=17m31s
CFG874

Post by CFG874 »

Hello,
I hope and wish for the version 4.2 that the data, such as airports, runways, etc. all times are updated that are already from FSX times.
This has been mentioned several times but no one has taken a position on it by LM.
What good is new NAV data if the runway is missing?
As I said, hope dies last.
CFG874 Bernd
Nicrative

Post by Nicrative »

CFG874 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm Hello,
I hope and wish for the version 4.2 that the data, such as airports, runways, etc. all times are updated that are already from FSX times.
This has been mentioned several times but no one has taken a position on it by LM.
What good is new NAV data if the runway is missing?
As I said, hope dies last.
CFG874 Bernd
Of course you can always hope but most likely this kind of thing wont happen on a update between the versions. And also, buying the data to build all the airports again costs a lot I would guess.