Resizing virtual cockpit using 3 screens-P3D4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
CycloneMike

Resizing virtual cockpit using 3 screens-P3D4

Post by CycloneMike »

How do I resize my virtual cockpit in P3D4 without changing size of scenery? I am using 2 GTX970's sli and a resolution of 5760x1080. I used Wideview in FSX and it worked perfectly. I could put the pilots head any place I wanted. But that requires buying 3 programs for everything all over again. Very expensive and time consuming. In P3D4 if I use Shift +/- it changes not only the cockpit size but also the outside scenery size. Can anyone give me any help? Are there any programs that accomplish that?
Sabre57

Re: Resizing virtual cockpit using 3 screens-P3D4

Post by Sabre57 »

There are commands that move the eyepoint just as in FSX. Do a search/filter on eyepoint in the controls section. Then map to your hearts content.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
CycloneMike

Post by CycloneMike »

I posted the question below some time ago and I appreciate the response, but the eye point is not what I was referring to. I've used that before and know what it does. What I would like to do is wrap the virtual cockpit around all 3 screens without changing the size of the scenery outside when it is set on zoom of .40. What is happening for me is the gauges turn oversize so it eliminates half of them or if I zoom out they get so small you can't see them. Is there a way to post screen shots on this forum?
SWA4420

Post by SWA4420 »

Hi - do you have "WideViewAspect=True" in the [DISPLAY] section of your prepar3D.cfg file? (DriveLetter\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ path?)

I only have a single GTX 970 and with NVidia's NV Surround on, it works fine, though the zoom is at 30 by default this way....I just zoom in with the keyboard to get to what I want it to be, which varies depending on the aircraft.

Hope this helps you....
Jim