Wideview question

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
unc1rlm

Wideview question

Post by unc1rlm »

I have gone to a single wideview monitor 1920 x 1080 60hz and everything is stretched out. Is there a way around this. I know that curved and wideview are becoming more popular. What do I need to do. I am looking at 2560 by 1040 with say 144hz refresh rate but is this stretched thing ever going to be fixed. Is this a coding problem or what. I have a RX580 8gb card so what do you advise. I am going broke with all this stuff to make P3dv4 look better.

Any suggestions on tv/monitors..budget prices. Senior on fixed income.

Best Regards,
Bob M.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Wideview question

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Bob,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing as well as your current settings? If you are currently using a single 1080p monitor you most likely do not need to turn wide aspect on.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
unc1rlm

Post by unc1rlm »

Thanks Rob
I checked out config and this is it:
WideViewAspect=False

I have a LG34UM67 monitor. It has freesynch available. So I am not sure what to do. I will post a screenshot..am presently downloading ortho4xp and hopefully finished tonight :)

In a technical sort of way does P3d support 21:9 monitors. But any tweaks you can recommend would be great. I have gone the 3 monitor; triplehead, all this stuff to get the best displays and only dismal failure, so I thought I would go back to one monitor and ditch the rest and still not happy...

Thanks again,
Bob M.
unc1rlm

Post by unc1rlm »

Hi Rob..here are two views 2560 x 1080 and 1920x1080. I am not sure what a rx 580 will drive (monitor) but if I go with a non-wideview monitor..could it drive a 3440 by 1440p 144hz. My frame rate are in the low tens or below sometimes. I am not a computer expert but Prepar3d ever going to be optimized to display correctly. Maybe that not a good question but you poor tons of money into processors, gpu, monitors and still crappy frame rates but you can see other "say" shooter or car types of entertainment lol and they look spectacular. What gives? I uploaded two images to imgur..hopefully you can see them.

https://unc1rlm.imgbb.com/

Anyway, thank you taking the time to chat :)
Bob M.
unc1rlm

Post by unc1rlm »

I found these articles if any one interested. But I still need an answer from L & M would be nice.

https://www.lifewire.com/optimizing-vid ... tes-811784

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-optimizatio ... -in-games/

Bob M.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Bob,

Zooming the camera will change the field of view and at some levels this can cause distortion especially near the edges. Certain add-ons, especially complex aircraft and airports, can effect performance. You may need to tune settings depending on the current situation to achieve the balance of graphics and performance that's right for you.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
unc1rlm

Post by unc1rlm »

Thanks Rob, I guess maybe I shouldn't have bought a wideview monitor? Just a regular high resolution flat panel for lack of better wording? Don't feel bad...lol..I have the same problem in Xplane 11 with long distorted aircraft :)
Maybe I am looking for the Holy Grail and it just ain't there.

Bob M.