Shoping Tax problem

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
3lite

Shoping Tax problem

Post by 3lite »

Hello
I have a question regarding the added tax during purchase software.
On what basis is it added?

Assuming I'm a private buyer:
If you buy from Germany, Austria, Spain, Slovakia - no tax is added.
If you buy from Poland or Czech Republic - tax is added. Different for Poland and for the Czech Republic.
For Poland it is 22%. If it is VAT, then now in Poland it is 23% not 22%. For a few years this is 23%.
If it is VAT it should be added to all other European Union countries as they all have VAT.
If it is another tax, why Pole have to pay but for example a Slovak or a German not?
We are all in European Union and should have the same rules.

But,
I would like to buy software - license - as a company from Poland. As a rule, I should not be charged with any taxes, because I have to settle the tax in Poland itself.
When I make shopping in the European Union as a company, I do not pay VAT becouse I am a registered VAT payer in the European Union. I get an invoice in the netto amount and I have to pay (23%) VAT in Poland by myself.
In purchase form at p3d shop, I do not see the option of marking this information and giving my tax number.
How should I do the order to avoid double taxation?

Best regards
Marcin
Kayla Dillon

Re: Shoping Tax problem

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Prepar3D!

We're sorry for any confusion. All of the taxes on our store webpage are calculated by a third party based on the most up-to-date tax laws in the given area.

If you fit into a special circumstance, please email enquiries@prepar3d.com before making the purchase.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer