Heed The Warnings

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Gypsy Pilot

Heed The Warnings

Post by Gypsy Pilot »

Heed the warnings

I now only install certified software.

I was trying to replace my FSX with V3 and everything was working just fine until I --#$%# -- up and I got to watch 2 weeks of work go down the drain  just because I did not want to wait for a certified release and installed a piece of "should work" software which is going to require a V3 delete and reinstall to repair.

It was my fault, and now I must decide whether to dump years of MSFS purchases and files and go fully 64 bit or repair the mess and start again.

I know that there is no way possible to make our sim reach full maturity with all of the things we desire unless we go to 64 bit, but watching all of that money and work go down the drain is so hard to do.
What to do?  What to do?
OOM or
No OOM coupled with expanded capabilities, that is the question.

Going to 64 bit will not be cheap because the "handwriting on the wall" is telling me that some of the software we use is going to require a complete rewrite we will have to repurchase some of it.  A2A's Feel There is a good example.  It was written for FSX and just will not work in 64 bits.  My hope is that they will give us a discount on the repurchase.  

Free replacement is a gift from the developers that we should be grateful for.  ( many thanks, JV et all )
I drive a 10 year old automobile and I do not expect the manufacturer to replace it for free just as I do not expect a developer to spend long hours re-coding his software, beta testing it, writing the installer and then giving it away.  
I would love it if it happens, but I don't expect it

Frustrated in West Texas
Dale
Dale " Gypsy Pilot " Evans
hermes82

Re: Heed The Warnings

Post by hermes82 »

I found that with a few exceptions most of my old fsx aircraft work fine, I don't run PMDG or any of the more system heavy aircraft but I am running SSW tornado, M2M mirage 2000, dino's F35 and eurofighter which are complex aircraft, rex texture direct with soft clouds and quite a lot of others, some freeware aircraft don't work but most do, the upgrade was well worth it and i've never had any of my sims run so smooth, in short you can either stick with fsx or take the next evolutionary step up but i'd recommend biting the bullet and go for it
Martyson

Re: Heed The Warnings

Post by Martyson »

"I was trying to replace my FSX with V3 and everything was working just fine until I --#$%# -- up and I got to watch 2 weeks of work go down the drain just because I did not want to wait for a certified release and installed a piece of "should work" software which is going to require a V3 delete and reinstall to repair."

Why not just keep your FSX as it is and continue using it while testing your new V3 purchase?

I still have FS9 FSX P3Dv3 P3Dv4 Xplane10 Xplane 11 all installed and working.

What happened that would require a V3 delete and reinstall to repair?

Which "should work" software caused your problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)