Problem with some freeware airports

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
nealmac

Problem with some freeware airports

Post by nealmac »

I know this probably isn't a P3D problem, but I thought some of you clever people might be able to help me out. We all know that there are quite a lot of really good freeware airports to be found online. Some are absolutely mind blowing, while others are better off never seeing the light of day. I have a lot very good high quality freeware airports installed. However, I've noticed that with a small percentage of them I'm getting grass textures showing up on the taxi ways, like in the following image:

Does anyone know how to fix this error?
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
ananda

Re: Problem with some freeware airports

Post by ananda »

The taxi-link draw flags are ignored by FSX, but are honoured by P3D.

You need to modiy the airport using "Airport Design Editor". ( http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854 )

Open the airport ("File"->Open Airport from Bgl"). List "Taxi links", click on "Reset All Draw Flags" and "Close".

Now compile the airport.
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

Cheers for the link Amanda, it looks very complicated lol. I'll have a look at it and do a bit of studying over the Christmas season.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
ananda

Post by ananda »

nealmac

Post by nealmac »

Actually, that wasn't complicated at all. I've just fixed the first Airport! Hopefully the others go just as smoothly.

Thanks a million for your help.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.