MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D v3 & v4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Kjelle

Re: MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D v3 & v4

Post by Kjelle »

Hello again.

Now I install on simobjects-method and now MY Traffic work. I can see aircraft with gates, taxiing but no will landning. For example. All aircraft who have OSLO/Gardermoen as destination will not land.The only fly over airport.
Whats wrong?
Kjelle
Kjelle

Post by Kjelle »

Hello. Here you can also see My Traffic have doubble aircraft. Why?

Kjelle
jonatan

Post by jonatan »

Hi. i have installed in my pc p3d v4 and mytraffic 6a, its works fine.

but doesnt works fine with gsx, parking position losed ?

can you help me?

thanks.
Stratfordman10

Post by Stratfordman10 »

I have followed Poppet's instructions as to how to load My Traffic 6 into P3d v4 via the exe file process.

However,when I fire up P3d I do not get the message to accept My Traffic 6.

Would appreciate any help please.

Michael
AnthonyP3D

Post by AnthonyP3D »

Hi..new here.

Did everything using the 'add-on.xml' method. Launched P3D v4 and got the request to add MyTraffic6 to P3D addons.
Checked the menu/options/addons and saw the 'MyTraffic6' addon installed.
My P3D even took an additional 25 secs to load but still no traffic at any airport.
Checked and rechecked the addon.xml code.

However I did one thing that got it working.
I simply copied the 'MyTrafficGlobal.bgl' and 'MyTrafficCommercial.bgl' from the

MyTraffic Professional\My Traffic\Scenery to Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Restarted my P3D and now all traffic is there now.

My reasoning for this was that... all other addons like Orbx and Ultimate Terrain has all their traffic files there too. So why isn't the My Traffic files not there too.
Well it worked for me!!
Thought I would share this.
gets

Post by gets »

Thanks for the great tip. I got My Traffic installed using the XML method for P3DV4 ok, but was struggling with getting it installed into FSX-SE. Used your tip and it works great. You should post that on the MTX forums.
Thanks again.
Bob G.
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.
portanav

Post by portanav »

I'm using P3Dv4. How do I stop MyTraffic scenery from overriding my add-on scenery. The Gate positions and taxiways, etc. are completely different for some up-to-date airports.

Regards,
Michael.
P3Dv5.2-Win10/64,i7/6700,16GbRAM, SSD's, GTX1080
gets

Post by gets »

Go into your MTX 6 folder and open the scenery folder, locate the airport code for the airports you have as add-on and rename them. I simply added a .passive and MTX won't load those you renamed.
Bob G.
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.
portanav

Post by portanav »

gets wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm Go into your MTX 6 folder and open the scenery folder, locate the airport code for the airports you have as add-on and rename them. I simply added a .passive and MTX won't load those you renamed.
Bob G.
Got it, thanks.
Michael.
P3Dv5.2-Win10/64,i7/6700,16GbRAM, SSD's, GTX1080
jopoloco

Post by jopoloco »

Hello,

I have the same problem with the installing MyTraffic to V4. I don't get the screen "enable".
So I have the idea that I dont't have a wrong .xml file.
I copied this item from your examples on the site. From what else? I understand now that it can be a txt. document.
It's copied into the by me made "MyTraffic folder". And then to the add-on.xml folder on the desktop. I don't see no .txt.
When I open this item then I see it standing in the notebook.

What's wrong with my migration?

Thanks for help.

joop.
Sabrefly

Post by Sabrefly »

Thanks for the xml method of installation in Prepar3D v4. MyTraffic6 got installed properly and it worked Ok.
However when I turned on Content Error Reporting in Options and launched P3D I cringed at the huge list of MT6 errors in ContentErrors.txt , around 800+ total. All those errors may cost you performance running p3d.
I wonder if UTLive is more compliant with P3Dv4.1?
gets

Post by gets »

Hi Elaine. I had MTX6.0 with your help back in July. I have since installed a new version of W10 Pro and I have question. Should the xml mile I create become a text file when I enter the info and save it?
Bob G.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

gets wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:19 am Should the xml mile I create become a text file when I enter the info and save it?

Hello Bob

When you create the file first it will be a Tex file, You then need to Rename this file to add-on.xml

Then Navigate to File Explorer Options and Insure this Box is Un-Ticked just like the Image shows below https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4254/3500 ... afbf_o.png

Then go back and Insure your add-on.xml is this add-on.xml, Maybe it says this add-on.xml.txt ?

If so just remove the .txt at the end and Save it
gets

Post by gets »

Okay. Thank you.
aifeliciano

Post by aifeliciano »

I usually find "fixes" for issues in reasonable time, but it seems I continue searching for a solution to my ai traffic.
MyTraffic6a was installed on my P3Dv3.4 and working well. I recently upgraded to v4.1 and used Elaine's add-on.xml procedure. I also removed the FS9 models from the MyTraffic scenery.

My issue is that I don't have much actual moving aircraft traffic in airports or in the air. Gates look good, not over populated. Any ideas what I need to change?

DFW: Plenty of planes in gate. None taxiing, taking off/approach/landing.

Traffic settings: