View Groups Tutorial for P3D v3.3

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
tjolivet

Re: View Groups Tutorial for P3D v3.3

Post by tjolivet »

MHargrove wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 pm Folks,

The DropBox link below leads to a PDF document I wrote with a tutorial for setting up and using View Groups in the new v3.3 release. The tutorial is reasonably deep -- it covers set up all the way down to creating individual ViewFrustrums (you'll know what those are if you read the tutorial) for a 3-monitor setup and provides some hints for tuning.

Any feedback or corrections would be much appreciated!

https://db.tt/88Dtkwu1

-M.
Hi
How can I get your tutorial? Your link above is dead.
Regards
Thierry
balaramalan

Post by balaramalan »

The dropbox link is no longer available.

Can you please help with another link?

Many thank
mickwilliams36

Post by mickwilliams36 »

Hi,

I too would love to get hold of this tutorial, but the dropbox link no longer works. Could someone who already has it please provide another link?

Many thanks,

Mick
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
richardtsllc

Post by richardtsllc »

Thank you for re- posting the tutorial -

However, I think something is still not right with the relationship between the overall (P3D V4) Zoom parameter and the way the FOV side angles relate. I've followed the instructions (using 40" HD monitors), but just can't seem to get the proper perspective - notably the poor transition of the horizon and runway lines from the center monitor to the side monitor(s). Changing "allow zoom" doesn't seem to make any difference. WTH?

Am I missing something?
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

richardtsllc wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 pm Thank you for re- posting the tutorial -

However, I think something is still not right with the relationship between the overall (P3D V4) Zoom parameter and the way the FOV side angles relate. I've followed the instructions (using 40" HD monitors), but just can't seem to get the proper perspective - notably the poor transition of the horizon and runway lines from the center monitor to the side monitor(s). Changing "allow zoom" doesn't seem to make any difference. WTH?

Am I missing something?
Hello,

This post is for v3. Now that the requested link has been reposted, I am locking this thread. Please create a new post detailing the problems you are encountering in v4.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer