FLOATPLANES

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
WarpD

Re: FLOATPLANES

Post by WarpD »

I answered this in your other thread.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
FLYING TIGER

Re: FLOATPLANES

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello Vaughan,
I had a look at link you mentioned, but........ . My version of P3D is 3.4.9.18400 with Simconnect version 3.4.0.0, so there are some updates indeed. It was recommended to look at the FAQ's first, which, which I did. There was suggested to do a partial update, but that is way beyond my computer knowledge. Much to complicated for me. The selected text (red) is Chinese to me.
https://i.imgsafe.org/2d3d723cbc.png
I don't even know what all these files etc. mean and where to find them. It would be easier to do a complete reinstall of P3D. But then I have to reinstall all my add-ons (airplanes, scenery, tools etc) and thats something I would like to avoid. Because even that end most of the time bad. I'm am a somewhat older guy (66) and computers are not my cup of tea. Using and working with programs is one thing, doing all this installing, tweaking, settings etc. is another. I never had any lessons in English, having a "normal" conversation, reading and writing isn't much of a problem but when there are some technical/computers terms involved it becomes code red for me. :-)

3 questions: is it possible to do a complete update without having to reinstall all my add-ons and tools, and 2nd question:
let's assume I do a complete reinstall, have the latest version op P3D then, without having to do the "hot fixes"?
3rd question: IF I get some help to do an update of my software, do I have to update the 3 hot fixes that I found separately, begining with #1 or include #3 the 2 previous ones and have I only to execute this one.

Sorry for these somewhat stupid questions, but it is what it is. Hope to learn from this.

Thanks in advance for those who are willing to read/answer this.

Kind regards,
Eddy