[RESOLVED] Something Very Werid @ Startup Menu Prepar3D v4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Hawaiianstyle78

[RESOLVED] Something Very Werid @ Startup Menu Prepar3D v4

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

This just occurred apporx 2 hrs ago. Been trying to solve it myself. I currently load P3d v4 using the Admin rights , everything loads up ok. It shows the Prepar3d scenario menu with the Raptor loaded. I go to my Vehicles menu to load up my aircraft and My PMDG 737-700/737-700WL/737-800WL/737-900WL are missing. The only one that is showing is the 737-800 non winglet and on top of the weirdness....The aircraft is all Grey colored when selected in the menu. All my other aircraft are Grey to like the BBS Airbus and MaddogX aircraft. I have not installed ANYTHING at at all. I just used the above aircraft yesterday and days before. It just went Grey and missing. I have not touched ANYTHING prior to this happening. So what I did was deleted all the P3d files in Roaming and Local and in the Hidden files directory and still loaded up grey and missing. Even deleted the generated files and still loaded up grey and missing. I have a top of the line PC: GTX 1080 ti/Aorus Gigabyte gaming 7 motherboard/Samsung 1TB SSD that windows 10 is on/Samsung 1TB M.2 SSD P3d is on/500GB Samsung EVO for storage/i7 8700K OC to 5.0 ghz and Corsair H100 v2 cooler with 6 fans in case. This is PC is brand new 2 weeks old and P3d has run flawless, It def is not the PC. Im getting like over 65FPS and my temps maxing out with full AI at 59C. overnight it just had a mind of its own and started doing this around 6pm. I cant figure out what is the problem . The reason why I put all the info of the PC cuz im really annoyed when asked if its the PC, its not. This is the P3d software with major hiccups continuing. Ive triple checked the PMDG aircraft configs but they are fine.....once again im checking something that Ive never changed and everything was working perfect less than 24 hours ago.

If anynone has experienced this problem or is aware of it, please reply to this message. I cant seem to find out where my PMDG 737 aircraft are. Why are they all in Grey color too and my other aircraft as well.
Thank you very much
Hawaiianstyle78

Re: Something Very Werid @ Startup Menu

well my ini files for some reason just magically reaaranged themselves . I don't know how that did that, but after 5 hrs of trying to figure out what it was, the ini files for the pmdg 737ngx just rearranged their Aircraft designation numbers which is why those aircraft were missing so I fixed that.....BUT.....the aircraft are all Greyed out on the aircraft menu list. Every aircraft is greyed out, the thumbnail has no color
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:13 am the aircraft are all Greyed out on the aircraft menu list. Every aircraft is greyed out, the thumbnail has no color

Hello Hawaiianstyle78

What version number of Prepar3D v4 do you have Installed ?
Hawaiianstyle78

Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:48 am Even deleted the generated files and still loaded up grey and missing.

Hello Hawaiianstyle78

Just on this point, If you have deleted the generated files you will now be missing several entries in the exe.xml and dll.xml files for your Add On aircraft and Utilities to function correctly, Specifically the PMDG Add On's, You will need to reinstall these.

Also, after deleting the generated files (In three locations) and the Issue is still present, this would suggest the problem is most likely inside the core Prepar3D folder

This is happening with the default Aircraft also yes ? If this is the case please run a repair on the Client and Content component

Navigate to the Windows control panel, one by one, right click on Prepar3D v4 Client and Content, Click Change > Repair

Then launch Prepar3D and test

Let us know how you get on
Hawaiianstyle78

First , my pmdg works perfectly after deleting the generated files . All
Aircraft load up and run perfect . I didn’t want u said , control panel>p3d client & content did the repair. Aircraft still grey on the payware aircraft only
Hawaiianstyle78

So just reinstalled all my addons , aircraft and PmDg Operations working good. Aircraft went from Color to Gray in the selection menu .
Found out the culprit . It’s the PTA preset shader I’m using . The aircraft is there in the menu it’s just black &
White color but it is detailed . I can live with that . When I startup the sim the aircraft is normal color . Just gray in the select menu.