sceneries I have working in v3 so far

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
robwin

Re: sceneries I have working in v3 so far

Post by robwin »

I have several of the aerosoft airports such as LEBL, LPPT, EIDW , LPMA and others. Can someone please advise me how to install them in V3.

Thanks Rob
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

I used the method outlined on the FlyTampa forum to install EIDW and it worked perfectly.
Here it is:

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7737
robwin

Post by robwin »

Thanks very much avidean I will try it

Regards Rob
einherz

Post by einherz »

hi, as was befor, most of problem is compatibality with some modules, some problems with textures/effects, and some - changing paths, what stay misunderstood by my little brain
YWG256

Post by YWG256 »

update I now have VHHH by Taxi2Gate and TTCP by LatinVFR also working perfectly.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

I have a question regarding ZSPD. You list this airport as working correctly in P3Dv3, but on my build, there is the default scenery bleeding through the airport ground texture in several places, very bad is the situation close to terminal 1, at gates 20-29. There, I can see the waves of a little lake below bleeding through, due to the fact that the scenery is slightly misplaced (like 200m wrong). I did not have this issue in FSX, however, I do not get the bleed through resolved in P3Dv3, no matter where I put the ZSPD scenery in the scenery library list, no matter if AEC of FTX Vector is active or not. Do you have a workaround for this?

BTW: I have the same issue in the WSSS scenery from imaginesim. In this scenery, the little lake behind runway 20R is bleeding through the imaginesim ground texture. Looks terrible.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
jonzazilla

Post by jonzazilla »

Hi!

Is it possible to make aerosofts mega EFHK and ENGM working in p3dv3? And if it is, how did you make it? :) Those are my favorites...

Thanks.

Joni
YWG256

Post by YWG256 »

For ZSPD, all I did was install into P3D v2.5 and add to v3 scenery library and works great with no default scenery bleeding through. You may have a default afcad file that you will have to get rid of possibly.

Oh, do you have ftx vector? I've also been running the vector addon configurator tool after each installation. If you use Vector, then try that and see what happens with the ground scenery....

Same goes for ENGM. I had that scenery installed into v2.5 and then added into the v3 scenery library...works great and performance is great. Most of the sceneries I list that work in p3d v3 were installed first in v2.5 and then I just added into the v3 library.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Hmm, strange. I do have Vector and I do run autoconfig everytime I add a new scenery. I also disabled all ZSPD-related files within Vector, I used the updates on the Imaginesim homepage all without success, still those waves bleeding through the ground close to terminal 1. I will look for another AFCAD, but I doubt that there is one, as I did not have any ZSPD scenery installed before. Strange enough that you do not see it. Do you have by chance the wave animation disabled? I guess without wave animation, there is no bleeding through, but turning off wave animation is no option for me...

Same issue still there at WSSS. Those bloody waves bleed through everywhere...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
stans206

Post by stans206 »

I started with a pretty simple base for V3, just made the switch from FSX recently.

Orbx Global Base/Vector, and HD airport FX. I got Active Sky, Rex Soft Clouds, a traffic replace program from just flight the only FSX mod I have and GSX for Prepar 3d as well. Not to bad, looks better then my old FSX which had way more mods, and runs better. This time I'm it on its own SSD. Although GSX seems more buggy on V3 then FSX. I haven't dove into the airport mods yet, but will.

For Aircraft so far I got the newest version captain sim 727 (my fav) Version 2.7 and 1011 for the V3. Still waiting for them to get the 707 installer for the V3.

I have only mixed luck with the migration tool. I only got a couple of things to work well, it does not work as well as I thought. I really didn't spend allot of time trying to figure out why. Almost want to start fresh with V3 seeing many of my FSX mods are pretty dated now anyways.

Honestly I'm a bit leery about adding a ton of FSX mods onto the V3, worried I will end up with a bunch of conflicts and trouble which will suck the fun out of it.
YWG256

Post by YWG256 »

you are going about it the right way starting from scratch. better to start clean than like you say, introduce mods from fsx that create headache and heartache.

Further to previous posts, I've also had success with KMCO by T2G adding into p3d v3. I do not see any black textured houses anywhere and the performance is incredible.
Longhaul444

Post by Longhaul444 »

I have a list of about 500 pgms I am going through to see if they work in P3Dv3. So far, after having to do a clean install, thanks to Aerosoft's Mega Airport Amsterdam (doesn't work even with the Migration Tool) Here is a list of what I have that has worked so far:

FSTramp (P3D Comp installer)
Area 51 C-5M, C-17, B-2 (no P3Dv3 installer)
PMDG MD-11 (must use a migration tool and install AFTER the new 777,737 or it will mess up. Takes about 15-20s to go thru the AIRAC's but works like a charm)
P.S. Don't let PMDG snow you about proper licensing, remember the 1900C/D for FS9? Not licensed for FSX and they said you could put it in FSX (against their own license policy)
PMDG BAE JS4100 (no P3Dv3 installer)
PMDG 1900C/D works but with guage issues. (Follow PMDG Install file on their website)
Imagine Sim WSS Singapore Changi FSX (no P3Dv3 installer)
SDG - Cairo Intl Airport HECA FSX (no P3Dv3 installer)
FSDG _ Sharm El-Sheikh FSX P3D FS2004
AUScene - Sydney Professional-X v2.0 (no P3Dv3 installer)
Aerosoft FSX La Palma X (no P3Dv3 installer)
Blackbox Simulations Widebody Prologue FSX/P3D (no P3Dv3 installer)
Carenado C208B Grand Caravan EX HD Series FSX/P3D
Aerosoft Mega Airport Duesseldorf FSX/P3D/FSXSteam v110 (no P3Dv3 installer)
A_A Sceneries Kuala Lumpur Int'l v2 (no P3D installer)

Some of these require the tool, others install just fine without it. The PMDG 747 I haven't tried yet, as they are releasing the redo of the 747 next year (hopefully). I'll post some more in a bit as I work through my add-on list.
Agreaves

Post by Agreaves »

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd add to it regardless, because the information may be useful to some people. For those who are having elevation issues with the MKJS LatinVFR scenery in P3D V3, this solution may work for all with a similar problem. I have the LatinVFR MKJS scenery installed, and there was an elevation problem. First I tried using an Aerodrome Flattening Mesh and that didn't work. However, I renamed the APX27250.bgl file in the Scenery/0303/scenery folder to APX27250.bak, and this resolved the problem. This disabled the default scenery for Jamaica, giving priority to LatinVFR's scenery. I have tested it, and everything is working fine. Let me know if this worked for you guys.
hawkhero

Post by hawkhero »

I tried Aerosoft EDDL Düsseldorf. I am using v3.1 and it does not install. Look at installed scenery and it's not there.
Agreaves

Post by Agreaves »

Have you tried adding the scenery manually to the scenery library?