Prepar3D v2.5 - Available Now!

Forum Rules & News
benjaminjb

Post by benjaminjb »

Hi Ein,

Somewhat reminds me of an old school Windows reformat though, where it was always highly recommended by the MSFT development team to install fresh versus upgrade from an existing release. While I love the simplicity of a straight upgrade, I will say with any O/S in the past including Linux distributions, fresh installs often times performed better and had that feeling of being clean (limited bugs, etc.) It's funny you mention SSDs, I'm actually pulling a Samsung 840 128GB from my laptop for Prepar3d and any plugins. I can't take the load times on this WD Black.

- Benjamin
einherz

Post by einherz »

i pretty sure is only feeling about performance:) especially now with ssd
btw, all my portable on hdd and i never seen any different with fresh installed
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Is this the correct forum to ask if I should should be starting v2.5 with my "AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe" to take advantage of SLI? It has been great up to now.

Thanks, Mac
degeus

Post by degeus »

Fantastic update, no installation-problem whatsoever. Everything works fine, all additions and changes. Development team: Thanks.
The only thing that still is there is that nasty small black window appearing in the lower centre of my 2D-panel when starting most of the aircraft. It is easy to close, but how can I avoid that it appears?
regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
ajmlans

Post by ajmlans »

i have install P3Dv2.5 and have problems with the install FS Global ultimate after install of this software the scenery are gone an d with ORBX global the scenery found not the terrain.cfg.
Whate do i wrong.
tinker27

Post by tinker27 »

Well after 4 days , 3 times now twice as one download and once as single files , im still baffled why i cannot install p3d , all im getting is eror log file half way through installation .
ive been onboard with p3d since v1 and never had problems like this

very annoyed and frustrated now !

surely there must be an easier way so this does not accure ! what ever it is anyone can suggest anything would be gratefull .

ps tried hash tub after some one said on here but has just infected my pc with virusees galore so thats a no go .

regards

tink
johnan

Post by johnan »

Have you tried installing as an administrator, defrag your HD unless it is an SSD, use something like ccleaner to tidy up the registry and remove unwanted files, and make sure there is enough room for the install, and that you have removed all traces of a previous version of P3d?
Maybe your Windows install is corrupt in some way that is affecting the P3d install?
deanmcenaney

Post by deanmcenaney »

So happy the install no longer copys an entire copy of the install files to c:\ProgramData\Package Cache
no more 10+ GB of useless data copied to the c: Drive

Thank you
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

So happy the install no longer copys an entire copy of the install files to c:\ProgramData\Package Cache
no more 10+ GB of useless data copied to the c: Drive

I think you may need to install all your ORBX scenery again into V2.5. But FIRST please read this thread.

Mac

Wills

Post by Wills »

Thanks for your excellent work on 2.5 LM. It's great that you are making these gradual improvements to the core of the sim. Really appreciate all the hard work that's going into PREPAR3D, so thank you :)!

P.S. Where do we send the doughnuts ;)?
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

to install fs global ultimate go to c\ProgramData\lockheed martin\Prepar3d and look for terrain.cfg, copy the file to desktop as a backup then copy to your main p3d folder then run fs global ultimate, once it's installed open your main p3d folder and CUT the terrain.cfg and paste it back into c\ProgramData\lockheed martin\Prepar3d, and click ok to replace the file, that should have it sorted
Lif

Post by Lif »

So, out comes Win 10 tech eval with P3D 2.5 hot on its heals!
Better do the obvious then.....
First I installed win 10 on a spare drive. Then I installed P3D 2.5. All runs fine!
Next: FSUIPC, Saitek yoke /quad drivers and software [.Net Framework etc]. And, after some pigging about, all runs fine.
Next: Set up Flightsim Commander on the laptop and networked everything up via FS wide. And once again, after some more pigging about, all runs fine.
At this point - having had a glitchless test flight [EGCC to the lakes and back] - I could only sit back and smile. Who would have thought that the above - and lets be honest - foolish proceedure could possibly have worked.
The only program that I cannot [so far] get to run properly is RadeonPro, which I was use as an external frame rate limiter. Anybody any ideas? Only kidding!!!
imcp3137

Post by imcp3137 »

After running into VAS problems with the PMDG777 - and having to really de-tune my Display settings, it would be heaven to have a true Win 10 gift .... P3Dv3.0 in 64bit.
einherz

Post by einherz »

well, i updated and look like all ok:) mean steal a life then hahaha
exe/dll.xml still at same place, was some confuse cause misunderstand some though everything should go in program data, hope simlauncherx will work or updated soon
p.s. simlauncherx work, forgot about scenery.cfg stay at same place
jmhelms

Post by jmhelms »

I'm still at 2.2 and reading about 2.5
...as I remember, when I installed 2.2
(fresh install), all I did was to carefully copy back
over all my sim objects, gauges, sounds,
and effects and I was (almost) back to
normal...all worked fine....has anyone
tried this in 2.5?...thanks, John H.