Prepar3D 1.4 – Download and Licensing Information

Forum Rules & News
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to release Prepar3D 1.4 this Monday (8/20/12). Please see the news posting for more information about what is included: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2012/08/4026/

We will be publishing release notes on the day of the release.

A handful of questions have been asked on the announcement asking if the full download is required and if they will need their license reactivated. Prepar3D 1.4 will require a full download (approximately 10 GB). There will be no upgrade patch (smaller download) for this release. We are looking to augment that in future versions, but due to various circumstances in Prepar3D 1.X we have be unable to release update patches. In regards to licensing, updating from a previous version 1.X to version 1.4 will not require the license to be reactivated if it is done on the same computer.

Let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to Monday.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Sulset72

Post by Sulset72 »

Thank you! My windows is getting rotten, so I think I will reinstall and start afresh on monday. Is there some Prepar3d licence file I should copy out onto a usb drive, or is it enough to have the licence and password I got when I bought P3d?

I have about 50 other questions too, but I guess they can wait until Monday.

Have a nice weekend!
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

As long as no hardware has been changed, you should be good to go. If there are any issues you can always email licensing@prepar3d.com with your license ID and we will get you back up and running.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
beezle

Post by beezle »

Just want to get some feedback on my experience with Prepar3D and their support:

I recently built a whole new computer system, which now makes the whole experience just awesome. Obviously I had to have my licence reset and it took me only one quick email and it was done within a couple of hours. You guys are doing a fantastic job and be assured I never looked back after moving on to Prepar3D. I'm impressed!