Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12945.0)

Forum Rules & News
einherz

Post by einherz »

benlim hi, you haven't del folder, only files in folder, after start, just some wait
if you del folder, so just create folder there c:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders\
einherz

Post by einherz »

look like black part of rivers stay after buck to x44 version:(
must be problem was befor, just found it after update to x45
i has to give more attention, just found cause and solution
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/p ... ost-104936
Loek1

Post by Loek1 »

Hi Saul,

Did what you advised but did not work. What to do next. p3d will not start anymore.

Regards
Loek

The way I install the Hot Fix.

1, I open 2 windows folders side by side, Hotfix files & Prepar3D v2 Main Folder.
2, Select all the files that the HOTFIX will replace from Prepar3D v2 folder and copy them into a New folder called (Original files 2.5.12944.0)
3, Now you have a backup of your installed files its time to copy and paste the HOTFIX files into Prepar3D v2 folder. (Select Copy and Replace all files)
4, That’s it your P3D is updated and you have a back up if you experience any problems now you will have the option to revert back from 2.5.12945.0 to 2.5.12944.0

Happy Landings!
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Loek1,

Have you tried to revert back? perhaps one of your addons needs updating like FSUIPC or something?
Loek1

Post by Loek1 »

And Saul, again your advise is super. Without your help now and before?? After updating FSUIPC it was solved. Question, I use the free FSUIPC, always done before. Is it to need to use the registered, payware one?

Regards
Loek
dmbyerly86

Post by dmbyerly86 »

Still get menu flicker even after hotfix.
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Loek,

It all depends on what you're using FSUIPC for. If you haven't needed a registered version before then you probably still don't need to buy it.
With every update to P3D an update would also be required for FSUIPC, ASN, ORBX DLL's and I'm sure there are others to look out for...

The point being about backing up before applying a Hotfix is if you start to find issues with you addons then its always possible to revert back to the previous installed version, using my method. That way you can still use P3D while waiting for your addon providers to release updates.
laskar972

Post by laskar972 »

I have a flicker problem after installing this hotfix.
not install addon, P3D 2.5 stock
Loek1

Post by Loek1 »

I placed the back-up back, no hot fix anymore and it seems that p3d 2.5 is normal. Vehicles etc are showing up. Only there are houses and trees on the airfields now and the frt is very bad. 8 to 10 with very good computer.

Starting to install everything again Saul?

Loek
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Loek,

You could try a repair or simply delete these folders

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Note that addons will need reinstalling.
einherz

Post by einherz »

during the flight, the trees grow:) is no ptoblem with defoult and most of places, but on the one custom airport for me it is, roll taxi take off flight at area - no trees, some flight out of base, return and wow,taxiway and some airport places with trees
i seen this only in llha, but think is not only here
thanx for any advise
Fervex

Post by Fervex »

Adams;
From the box, the status of this extension / Update are great but:
- OOM or VAs trouble due our new hardware since the .12244version. Remember the simmers are aware with this on Windows 64 bits (Most of us)
- 32 bits version is not enough to manage compatibility with your add-ons securities (See Rob posts related to vas on AVSIM)
- after any flight with heavy maps or aircraft, we got too much errors
- amazing components to be upgraded to 3;6 Go of memory

I am believe to solve those kinds of trouble or go back to FSX due diligent:
- less on graphical but stabilized. Actually on GTX 960 it is running well but from "out-of-the-box"
- more add-ons compatibility
- less OOM services
- more respond from our providers (PMDG, AEROSOFT, REX and so)
I think, we will solve all of of those trouble with 64 bits version
Any roadmap? otherwise i will roll back and wait..
Ty
mh1ok

Post by mh1ok »

I tried the link that was given (http://www.prepar3d.com/wp-content/plug ... php?id=166)

I'm logged in but it keeps showing a page with "You must be logged in to download this file. ← Back to Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D"

Any other way to download the update?
Saul

Post by Saul »

As an alternative to applying a hotfix this update is now included with our full installer packages.
I've just checked and the download link is working.
Are you logging in the the account you have purchased with or are you using a different email or user name?
dmbyerly86

Post by dmbyerly86 »

Hi all,
Have to admit, this a bit overwhelming.
I did a clean install for the 3rd time. Now I too am seeing
buildings around airfields when they shouldn't be there.
Specifically Nellis AFb (Northeast end)
Also I tried the cloud fix but instead of having clouds on the ground, I don't get any of the
puffy clouds. What is going on? I just want to be able to fly, log hours and be done.

---Clean install from v2 2.5.12945.0 without hot fix
Running Windows 8.1 with Win 7 compatibility mode for P3D
Thanks in advance,
Dylan