Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12943.0)

Forum Rules & News
jostytosty

Post by jostytosty »

update: Flying from EYVI to LFQA [yes I like a difficult short runway landing :-) ] Memory was stil; OK en graphics memory was max 1642 [from 2GB] BTW I also have traffic 360 installed.
ananda

Post by ananda »

Some people are never satisfied.
Saghaard

Post by Saghaard »

"I also have traffic 360 installed."

Via a migration Tools ?

Jean-luc
F-WWOW

Post by F-WWOW »

Since P3D 2.5 is a very good improvement about performance, I had too many issues with it (no ASN, no GSX, loss of the joystick and the throttle while taxiing (X52)), I had to come back to version 2.4 for the moment. However, be sure I will run to 2.5 when things will be more stable. :-)
bemkovic

Post by bemkovic »

If you have P3D v.2 installed do you have to start all over if you download and install P3D v.5
Bemkovic
John York

Post by John York »

Yep.

John
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

I absolutely love P3D, however, at the same time I love life... it has trials also. So if one is not going so good I spend more time with which one is working a little better. I just don't understand severe, utter desperation if a program has a problem here and there. (what computer program doesn't?)
bemkovic

Post by bemkovic »

I received your email reply's and thank you very much I run P3D v.2 and FSX I like both at this moment I like my FSX better after reading all the FORUM post on P3D v.5 version . I am very disappointed with developers one reason to install new version with all those problems .Second: I do not know if they understand that to download this is a pain........Pus plus reloading!!!
I will sit on P3D v.2 till things get fixt and settle down
Bemkovic
Stefan Schaefer

Post by Stefan Schaefer »

"Last FSGRW Build (29) also ko with new hotfix."

Negative. FSGRW latest build 029 works perfectly well with the applied hotfix. If you have a problem, please go to our Support Forum at http://fsgrw.freeforums.org and file a report.

Cheers!

Stefan Schaefer
a320wolf

Post by a320wolf »

Why none of LM answer on the forum?
I think is not useful to have a forum if we don't receive any kind of support or just a simple "sorry guys we're working on these issues" ?

Well... I'm a bit disappointed with this behaviour :-(
Regards, Max
ananda

Post by ananda »

"Why none of LM answer on the forum?"

All of the problems are with 3rd party addons, it is not an LM problem.

I have no problems after applying the hotfix (apart from tessellation and photo-scenery)

George
a320wolf

Post by a320wolf »

You're right but also on other topics we don't see any official answer.
Anyway what kind of problem do you have with photo scenery? I've tried but I've noticed nothing.

Thanks!
Regards, Max
Saghaard

Post by Saghaard »

Thanks Stephan, will look what can be wrong with my config ..

JL
daniel douville

Post by daniel douville »

I read over on ASN that if you copy the weather.dll and do the hotfix then reinsert the weather.dll, ASN will work.
Can someone please explain where to copy the p3d 2.5 hotfix file to exactly, it's been a while for me, thanks!
Bocha

Post by Bocha »

Daniel, first I recommend you to backup all the original files that the hotfix replaces. The hotfix files have to be copied to the main P3D v2 folder, in my case C:/Prepar3D v2 path. DO NOT copy the weather.dll file if you wish to have a working ASN add-on. If you update all files except for that one ASN will work perfectly, that was my case and others too.
Be careful that FSDT and FLightBeam add-ons are not working properly, they've updated their add-on manager for this hotfoot but I can confirm and asure you that you will get CTD's like crazy.
Hope it helped
Regards
P.D. If you updated to this hotfix and didn't backup (like i did, never again!) you can delete all files that where replaced and then make a repair installation from the original 11GB unzipped files (there is a windows installer there, use that one), then you'll have all original P3D 2.5 without the hotfix. And do what I told you before.
This was posted from a user of another forum, so thank him. Oh, and if you had FTX global texture, you'll have to reinstall it, it repairs texture folder too.