UPDATE: Deadline has been extended to January 4th, 2016!
In January 2016, Otronicon will take place in Orlando, FL at the Orlando Science Center. Otronicon is the premiere technology event that you can’t afford to miss. At Otronicon, guests walk on the cutting edge through state-of-the-art gaming and simulation technologies, including military and medical simulators not typically available to the public. The four-day event features:
- Interact with industry leaders and educators and learn about STEM careers
- Experience the future of games and design
- See the latest in medical and military technologies
- Check out workshops and panels led by industry pros
- Look at art from a new and exciting angle with the fusion of art and technology
- And so much more!
Regardless of your background, whether you are in the tech industry or just have a passion for learning, Otronicon engages guests of all ages to imagine the possibilities of the ever-growing and diverse digital media industry. Otronicon is Orlando’s biggest interactive technology expo and Prepar3D is a huge part of the event!
To celebrate, Prepar3D is launching our first ever scenario design contest. We encourage our entire community to participate in developing short scenarios that teach Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) concepts. The scenario selected will be featured during the event, included in a future release of Prepar3D, and its creator will receive some great swag!
- Must be relevant to STEM topics
- Must take less than 5 minutes to successfully complete (scenario should ‘fail’ at 5 minutes)
- Should be educational and fun for all age groups
- Must only use default Prepar3D content (No add-on models, scenery, or third party applications)
- Scenario must validate correctly inside SimDirector and produce zero Content Error Logs
- Should be accompanied by a html Scenario Brief (see current Scenario examples)
- Scenario must be compatible with Prepar3D v3
- Must follow all licensing and intellectual property laws and rules
The scenario must be sent to email@example.com by
December 7th, 2015 January 4th, 2016. The Scenario should be sent as a compressed zip archive with all necessary scenario files included (xml, fxml, wx, html, swf, and images). The winning scenario will be selected by the Prepar3D development team and the Orlando Science Center team.
The winning scenario will be a showcase Prepar3D scenario for the Otronicon event. Additionally, the winning scenario will be included in a future release of Prepar3D with the scenario creator credited in the Scenario Brief. Finally, the scenario creator will receive a Prepar3D Development Team polo shirt and four tickets to Otronicon.
For any technical development support, please post in our SimDirector forum.
Please see the full contest rules for more information.