View at Startup

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
NobbyH

View at Startup

Postby NobbyH » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi,

I have just updated my home cockpit system to Prepar3d V4, and obviously needed to go through the ViewGroup process again using the parameters I established for my previous setup ( A very frustrating process I must say; why does it have to be so user unfriendly? ). Eventually I managed to get my 4 screens ( 3 in a row for the cockpit, and one on the desk for control ). sensibly configured.

I saved this set of views for my default scenario, and shutdown and restarted Prepar3d. It now insists on starting up with a Tower view on the screens, but will change to my views only when I reset or reload the default scenario.

How do I stop it doing this?

Cheers NobbyH

NobbyH

Re: View at Startup

Postby NobbyH » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi,

To reply to my own request for advice.

The problem seems to have suddenly gone away. Previously I did a multiple of Prepar3d stops and restarts and could not get rid of the problem, and hence ending up posting a request on the forum. Now after a short break for dinner, I come back and retry and it no longer occurs! Is there some sort of time factor in Prepar3d updating configuration parameters? It behaved with similar haphazard changes when I was struggling to set up my ViewGroup.

Cheers NobbyH

anbrod

Re: View at Startup

Postby anbrod » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Hello,
i have the same issue,
It all stared with a api.dll fault, so i had to delete, the whole PD3v4, after reinstalling it, when i start it up,the vehichels do not show up, and only airports in USA?????
i have installed it on my d/drive, that is where i have space for it.
I just can not seem to find core folder, so that i can follow the advise that is mention below.???

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”