[RESOLVED] ai_player.dll ctd on fresh install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JordanStyer

[RESOLVED] ai_player.dll ctd on fresh install

Postby JordanStyer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:21 pm

This has been driving me insane for the past few days and could really use some help.

I recently downloaded P3D v4 and hoped to install it onto my pc. (Im running windows 10, intel i7-6700K and Nvidia GTX 970) Upon installation I received errors preventing me from installing the cab files due to incorrect hash values. Im not extremely adept when it comes to errors like this so i looked it up and found that i needed to use a download manager to ensure a successful download of the files. I repeatedly tried downloading to no avail, and eventually got around the problem by downloading P3D onto my laptop and sharing it via homegroup to my pc to install. It was annoying because i never had this problem when installing p3d V3 but it worked.

However now that ive overcome that obstacle i get an error upon starting p3d in the event viewer showing a problem with my ai_player.dll. P3D starts up, generates scenery files and then ctd without any message. Many people on the forums said it was an incompatibility with traffic as that is what i am assuming the ai_player handles, however this is a fresh install and there are no addons on the sim.

I wish i could play 64bit and dont want to attempt to return the license but I am hopeless and need help.
(Also could the program not being able to download have something to do with it)

Thanks

STEVE1234

Re: ai_player.dll ctd on fresh install

Postby STEVE1234 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi Jordanstyers,

Many of us had this problem with the crash by starting p3dv4. This problem should be resolved by this post:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 45#p158878

JordanStyer

Postby JordanStyer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:20 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Its weird that something from supposedly FL Studio would cause P3D to crash but it totally worked!

STEVE1234

Postby STEVE1234 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:17 am

You are welcome. Enjoy V4.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”