[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 Does not start

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
sebpil

[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 Does not start

Postby sebpil » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi.

Yesterday I had no problems running the flight simulator. I shut down the computer the normal way.
When I started my computer today, no changes at all to system or scenery, when I duoble clicked P3D it shows up a short while and the shuts down OR sometimes it is still visible in Task Manager but it is impossible to change to the application since there is no such button.

Am running windows 10 home and so far no problems at all but now impossible to start.

How to solve this?
And YES I am running as administartor when I run the P3D software (right click and press run as administrator).

Thank you in advance!

Poppet

Re: Does not start

Postby Poppet » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Hello sebpil

Try this small step first...

Delete the Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file, Both of these are generated content meaning when you delete them they will generate again as default when Prepar3D is launched.

This action will not effect your Add On's.

Delete both in Blue, Then launch Prepar3D and test to see if this step has resolved your Issue

----------
Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Shaders
----------

A quick way of locating these is to Copy the Text below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Right click and Delete the Shaders folder

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

--------------------

Additional Notes:

It will take a minute or two for the Shaders to generate again for the first time only when you launch Prepar3D next.

You will need to adjust your Graphic settings again to your Preference after you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file, via Prepar3D > Options

Let us know how you get on

sebpil

Re: Does not start

Postby sebpil » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Yeah I tried that one out before your reply
Deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file and then everything started normal. Great, but wonder why that happens.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”