FSInventions announces the expansion of their product line with a new version of their Award Winning FSFlyingSchool add-on for Prepar3D v4.
Visit the FSFlyingSchool Website at http://www.fsflyingschool.com/features- ... or-p37.asp
Discounted upgrades are available for registered owners of any previous version.
FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018 takes FSFlyingSchool to a higher level with a host of new features.
Several incremental improvements have been made to FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018.
The major new features of FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018 are as follows:
New GPS Tutor
Interactive GPS advice is optional - If you want to hear it, turn on the 'Monitor GPS' option at the Pilots Screen of FSFlyingSchool and set the NAV/GPS switch inside the aircraft to 'GPS'. You'll hear your instructor describing the GPS and giving instruction and advice on it, including:
- Monitoring the Course Deviation Indicator (CDI)
- Monitoring the Cross Track Error
- Advice on what to do when the CDI is close to centered
- Reminders of the next waypoint
- Monitoring the Course To Steer (CTS) and how to use it
- Desired Track (DTK) and what to do with it
- Updates on the Estimated Time En route (ETE) to next waypoint
- Monitoring Automatic Waypoint Sequencing
GPS tutorial advice is optional
If you want to hear this general advice, turn on the 'GPS Tips' option at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool. Chief instructor Mr Smith will give you general instruction on the GPS unit and more when you are flying during quieter periods. In order to avoid these tips sounding repetitive, they are chosen randomly so you won't keep hearing the same advice each flight.
Get ready to learn - here are some of the areas Mr Smith will explain to you:
- Using a GPS flight plan with the autopilot
- How to tune a voice communication channel directly into COM1 using the GPS
- Flying direct to a new GPS waypoint
- Telling the GPS to skip forward to a waypoint leg in a flight plan
- How to tune a LOC or ILS frequency directly into NAV1 using the GPS
- Selecting arrival procedures in the GPS
- How to tune a VOR frequency directly into NAV1 using the GPS
- Getting the most from the GPS map screens
- How to adjust the range on maps using the GPS
- Choosing the level of detail you want on GPS map screens
- Jumping quickly to the GPS Default Navigation Page
- GPS Navigation Page Group
- How to tune an NDB frequency directly into the ADF using the GPS
- GPS Nearest Page Group
- Using the GPS OBS button to control automatic waypoint sequencing
- Functions of the GPS FPL button
- Flying direct to a listed GPS waypoint
- Magenta flight plan leg symbols on the GPS display
- Using the GPS ENT button
- Scrolling through data with the GPS
- GPS pages and page groups
Autopilot units are common nowadays and can save the pilot a great deal of effort when used correctly.
Correct use of the autopilot can be challenging; your chief instructor Mr Smith will help you master the autopilot in P3Dv4.
- Autopilot Units
The Autopilot Tutor Pack has been developed using the autopilot units supplied with P3D. Other
units may also work well with the Autopilot Tutor Pack; some will not. Simply try out the
free demo of FSFlyingSchool for as long as you like - no time limit.
- Interactive Autopilot advice is optional
If you want to hear it, turn on the 'Monitor Autopilot' option at the Pilots Screen of FSFlyingSchool.
You'll hear your instructor describing the autopilot and giving instruction and advice on it, including:
Vertical Speed Selection
Back Course Hold
- Autopilot tutorial advice is optional
If you want to hear this general advice, turn on the 'Autopilot Tips' option at the Settings Screen of
FSFlyingSchool. Chief instructor Mr Smith will give you general instruction on the autopilot unit and
more when you are flying during quieter periods. In order to avoid these tips sounding repetitive,
they are chosen randomly so you won't keep hearing the same advice each flight.
- Get ready to learn - here are some of the areas Mr Smith will explain to you
Intersecting the ILS glideslope from below
How to slow down to a target speed
Disengaging autopilot (or not) before landing
Speed management required to keep on glideslope
Importance of correcting drifting heading indicator
Wasted turns through poor use of heading bug
Immediate firm control of aircraft after autopilot is disengaged
Disengaging autopilot if flight path is not right
...and a lot more!
Mr Smith advises pilot on displaced runway thresholds and their lighting
Mr Smith knows a displaced threshold when he sees one and will let you know when you are on
approach. He'll advise you on the associated runway lighting too!
Mr Smith advises pilot of maximum flaps speed on any airplane
Mr Smith will now tell you the maximum flaps speed below which you can safely lower flaps when on
approach. Until now, this has been available only on Detail Pack airplanes, but he now does it for all
planes with flaps!
REMEMBER - The features listed above are just the features which are NEW in our 2018 version for Prepar3D v4!
To find out more, watch movies, download demo, etc, visit the FSFlyingSchool Website at http://www.fsflyingschool.com/features- ... or-p37.asp
Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests