[FIXED] Where is the sample source code for the weapons gauge/ radar gauge/target.dll?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
minime

Postby minime » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:04 pm

In the v2.0 SDK it talks about a sample for working with weapons.

I did find the compiled radar/weapon gauges, but they are kinda useless as an sample because they are XML and for the interesting target.dll I did not find the corresponding source code.

In order to actually have any idea how to make an aircraft shoot a weapon I either need good documentation or sample code.

Otherwise I need to decompile your code to find out, which seems to not be allowed as per the EULA.

Can you please advise me where I can find documentation or source code to:

1. Load weapons (I did find some SimConnect function for it, but as per documentation it can't work with Attachments.xml, only with sim.cfg???)

2. Select different weapons

3. Set and select targets

4. Shoot weapons (or countermeasures)

All via SimConnect / C++ code please.

Thx!

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi minime,

All weapon documentation can be found in the Learning Center under Prepar3D SDK > SimObject SDK > Weapon Systems. You can see the available SimConnect pieces under Weapon SimVars. Additional SimConnect calls available for the weapon system can be found in the main SimConnect help file. We will be providing the sample source for the weapons/target in 2.1.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

minime

Postby minime » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Quote:

Quote from Adam Breed on December 20, 2013, 13:19

Hi minime,

All weapon documentation can be found in the Learning Center under Prepar3D SDK > SimObject SDK > Weapon Systems. You can see the available SimConnect pieces under Weapon SimVars. Additional SimConnect calls available for the weapon system can be found in the main SimConnect help file. We will be providing the sample source for the weapons/target in 2.1.

Very cool, we are finally getting somewhere. I am very happy to hear that.

Of course now its too late for me, but maybe the next dev that starts with Prepar3d can greatly benefit from that.

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”