patch installer stuck at "calculating space requirements"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bkthunder

Postby bkthunder » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:58 am

So, it's been stuck there for the past 2 hours. Before that I tried to terminate and restart the installer several times because I thought the process crashed, but apparently it's just "elaborating something".
This is really annoying, why does it have to take so long? Is it a problem on my hand, 'cause this is the only installer that behaves like this...

Thanks for your help

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:30 am

As I recall the whole install takes about 30 minutes.

" Is it a problem on my hand"
IMO, yes because you " tried to terminate and restart the installer several times".

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Saul

Postby Saul » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:47 am

The best advice is that at time the installer seems to freeze.. sometimes for a considerable amount of time. But DON'T cancel thinking its crashed!
If you get any errors the installer would tell you. And even so when an error occurs its advised to click IGNORE.

Lots of guides and advice here. Take a few moments to see what others have done, which may show you the way forward.

bkthunder

Postby bkthunder » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:12 am

Thank you guys, I finally installed. Although I'm still very puzzled as to why a 100mb patch would take 2+ hours to install...

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”