Saitek Drivers??

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jcar

Postby jcar » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 am

Can some one please point me to a installation document for Saitek equipment. I have the yoke and rudder pedals working but not the radio stack and throttle quad. The documents are all over the place on how to install the drivers.

Thank you

John York

Postby John York » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 am

I've got exactly the same problem. Despite up-dating my drivers I simply can't get my Saitek Throttle Quadrant to work. There seems to be no .xml files for this product so I can't import them.

So, I've had P3D for a week, and can't get the plane sitting on the runway off it!

John

Ekim

Postby Ekim » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Good day guys,

I had the same problem last weekend but reinstalling the last saitek drivers solved for me.

I didn't make anything special on prepar3d, just reinstall.

I have a registered Fsuipc.

machie

Postby machie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Make sure to get and install the Estonian Migration tool and run that prior to putting things into Propar--the tool makes programs "think" that they are installing into FSX--but they are actually installing into Prepar. I have been a simmer for 25+ years and am a retired pilot---this new PREPAR IS BY FAR THE BEST FLIGHT SIM YET. ---I AM RUNNING MEGA SCENERY AND IFLY 737 IN ABSOLUTLY LIQUID RENDERINGS.--STAY WITH THE LEARNING OF THE NEW PROGRAM IT WILL BE WORTH IT TO YOU. Remember this is not FSX---the change is like FS9 to FSX or FS 2004 to FS9--the same but different---this time the difference is inside the program---things run better after you learn how to operate the program with some dexterity.

Cheers

Dorn

John York

Postby John York » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:49 am

Thanks People.

I've got it up and running now.

The only bit of hardware I just can't seem to get into P3D is the Track IR. I know Track IR is working because it comes on and I have the little red dots and can adjust the settings. I've been on to their 'support' but to no avail.

No doubt I'll crack that one some time.

John

Rob Ainscough

Postby Rob Ainscough » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:18 am

John,

TrackIR requires SimConnect ... the FSX version ... in your LM directory you should have a Redist folder and can find the SimConnect.msi in there i.e. "V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib"

As far as Saitek driver support for P3D ... there are no new drivers I'm aware of. I was informed Saitek are working on new drivers for P3D v2.x but my last contact with them indicates otherwise. The drivers listed on their web site are no different than the ones I currently have.

Personally I think there is a huge opportunity for someone to write a Global P3D Controller Device tool that can manage all aircraft assignments and all device types (GoFlight, Saitek, etc. etc.) in a nice single and easy to use end user application. There have been attempts but they have been fairly terse and often restricted to specific controllers. I often thought about writing such a tool myself because I know it's feasible ... however, I'm holding off until I see 64bit platform as that's where I would really like to get involved on the coding side.

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough

John York

Postby John York » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Rob

I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph.

Glad to say I've got both the Saitek Rhino Joystick and the Throttle Quadrant working in P3D nicely now.

However, I'm still having difficulties with Track IR.

To be truthful, I don't think suppliers should make their products so difficult and complicated to get working after installation.

John

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”