Cannot install or uninstall P3D v2.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
lazyeight

Postby lazyeight » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm

I got the download and ran the setup. The process hung up where the green line showed about 50% installed. It sat there over one hour so I cancelled it. Then I tried to uninstall and I click on uninstall and it runs and then tells me it is already installed. I am trying to uninstall. It shows I have 35.6 GB installed. When I try the normal process to open the program it will not open. So currently I cannot install or uninstall or run the program. Please tell me how I can uninstall it without using the uninstall in the Control Panel. If I can uninstall it I will run the install once again.

Thanks, Lazyeight

Saul

Postby Saul » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 am

Hi Lazyeight,

If you run the installer (Setup.exe) again you should see an option for Uninstalling.

lazyeight

Postby lazyeight » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks Saul. I tried your suggestion and once again it switched to trying to install and telling me it was already installed. I am not sure what I tried after that but I did try the uninstall in the Control Panel and this time it worked. I could not believe it when Prepar3D disappeared. So I tried to install the original download one more time and this time it worked. One Big Exception though! It still gave me the "Complete to Key" error, but I clicked on ignore and it when ahead and installed. I guess I will have to go through a complete install the next time also! Boy, what a pain! Sure hope someone can find a cure for that!
Now I am back to installing all the ORBX scenery and airports plus a few airplanes I have purchased. Anyway, I am glad I am back in business with the newest P3D version and thanks for that.

Thanks,
Lazyeight

Snave

Postby Snave » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Install addons one at a time, not en masse. Check that the sim is working before moving on to the next.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”