P3D V2.4 successful insallation?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
PeterWebber

Postby PeterWebber » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Good day.

This may have been asked before somewhere in the forums but my searches prove fruitless. I have installed the v2.4 patch over my existing v2.3 (have always used the patches without any manual intervention and have never experienced any errors). My version number indicates 2.4 within the P3D "about" menu and in my Programs and features. Can I therefore safely assume that my version is 2.4, or is it possible to erroneously indicate 2.4 without any files having been updated? Is there another diverse method to check that my files are the latest for v2.4?

Regards.
Peter Webber

yorgosGK

Postby yorgosGK » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

I am also on the same boat...I can confirm my version number however I feel like something maybe be missing. I followed proper instructions during my patching.

How can we absolutely confirm that everything has been patched correctly LM?

Snave

Postby Snave » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:07 am

Right click on Prepar3D.exe

Select Properties

Select Details

If it says File Version 2.4.11570.0 its a successful installation.

Did you (both) rebuild the Shaders folder and follow the installation instructions ref the manual deletion of content of files

Quote:

f you have issues after patching, make sure to remove any add-ons or manually delete any files found in:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...

PeterWebber

Postby PeterWebber » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:23 am

Thanks for the reply Simon....I did delete the Shaders folder....I was aware of the installation instructions wrt deletion of the other files which you mention, but since i had no issues after patching, i just left them "as is". Under properties, the file version is as you mention. Thanks.
Peter Webber

Snave

Postby Snave » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 am

Then as long as no error messages are popping up, consider it safely and fully installed! :)

Because of the fuss made over the installation by some, I guess it makes the rest of us, for whom upgrade was seamless, painless and quick, feel a little guilty.

Don't. Just fly! ;)
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”