Trouble installing Prepar3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 pm

I use 7Zip not WinZip.

All ok here to delete a cab file or move a cab file to another folder.

I think you have not "Unzipped" your original downloaded Zip file into a new folder.

You "as administrator" should be able to delete any file or folder on your hard drive.

It may be causing all your problems with installing P3D.

Try "right clicking" the ZIP file and see if you have several "Options" to choose from.

I think you may have (originally) "Left" double clicked the zip file instead to do your install..
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

MooneyBravo

Postby MooneyBravo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Yes, I unzipped the original file from the beginning. I Right click and at the top is unzip with WinZip

I click on it and the Academic file appears

I Right click on it and open it

All the cabs appear with the installer and the setup.exe which did nothing in WinZip I right clicked on p3d installer .msi and get the same. Starts installing and then the error window.

I closed WinZip, downloaded 7Zip

I had the same options as before only this time I tried L clicking the setup file

Prepar3D screen appears and went into Setup Progress

Green color is at end of progress and has stayed there forever.

I think it's froze

MooneyBravo

Postby MooneyBravo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:18 pm

I run what was the fastest processor Fry's had to offer in 2010, 64 bit with 12 gig Ram. How long does it take to install P3D?

MooneyBravo

Postby MooneyBravo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Success! Finally! Wow! I have never in my life had this much trouble installing 1 program. I just entered the activation code and we are good to go. Don't know what to say. Thank you x 100!

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”