P3D v4.5 not launching after install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
dexton

P3D v4.5 not launching after install

Postby dexton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi,

I have installed a fresh version of P3D v4.5 (Professional Plus), and ensured that any previous files from v4.4 were removed:

I deleted everything in before installing v4.5:
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
After a successful installation, I launch P3D v4.5 from the desktop icon. The loading screen comes up and disappears after a few seconds. The Prepar3D.exe process lingers around and appears to do nothing and P3D never actually launches after that.

Natasha Rice
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v4.5 not launching after install

Postby Natasha Rice » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Hello!

Have you tried the solution from here? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=30
In the [STARTUP] section:

LoadVirtualReality = 0

If there is no [STARTUP] section, you can create one and just paste the following to the end of your config:

[STARTUP]
LoadVirtualReality = 0

If that does not solve the issue please try going through our general debugging steps. This will help us narrow down the issue by eliminating add-ons and generated files as the possible causes for this. You can find them here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Thanks,
Natasha

dexton

Re: P3D v4.5 not launching after install

Postby dexton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm

This seems to have worked. Apologies for not seeing the other thread before posting. Hopefully this will be fixed so that the work around isn't required.

Thanks!
- Dexton

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”