Airport Location Issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
MACHAVIA

Airport Location Issues

Postby MACHAVIA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Having problems with the above and really need your expert help to resolve, I have tried even reinstalling P3D and running the repair utility all to no avail although on completion of repair or re install it says successful?

The system is closing down when I select different aircraft or different locations to fly from, It seems that only airports in USA will load, I load the default and have tried to change location and or A/C from the default, any other countries and their airports will not work, they attempt to load but "stick" eventually switching off ie PrePar shuts down.

I have run the repair facility several times but it makes no difference, I also reloaded PrePar 3d v4.2 twice now and that has not made any difference either, should I have deleted previous version/s prior to re-loading the S/W. I HAVE HAD THE Anti Virus software Win Defender off AT ALL RE-INSTALATION ATTEMPTS.

I am operating a H/End PC System i7 / 12 core /1TB SSD / Graphics Card GTX1080Ti (11 GB of Memory)

Best Regards
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

P3D V4.5 / Intel (R)Core TM i7-8700KCPU @3.70GHz3.70GHZ / Installed RAM 16GB 15.9 USEABLE / (12 Cores)
Graphics Card Nvidia GeForceGTX 1070Ti 0.0 Win  10 Home / 64 bit

Poppet

Re: Airport Location Issues

Postby Poppet » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Hello Charlie

Have you confirmed your 3rd party Add Ons are compatible with Prepar3D v4.3 ? Have these been updated ?

----------------------

Here is a quick step you can try, This will not effect your 3rd party software Add On's

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder, These will generate again when Prepar3D is launched.

Copy the 2 set's of Tex below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Right click and Delete your Shaders folder

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Then launch Prepar3D and test.

---------------------------------------------------

Additionally please go through the general debugging steps below to help Isolate your Issue

Let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”